Estimator/ QS (Glass Window/Door Industry)
Our client, a well-established glass window/door manufacturing business based in Thetford, are seeking an Estimator to join their bustling team due to substantial company growth. The position will report straight to the Commercial Director and will be responsible for interpreting enquiry/tender information, to enable the completion of window/door quotes to both commercial and public-sector clients.
Duties to include:
• To be responsible for all existing and term customer price requirements, to undertake all financial aspects of contract checking for projects secured and to supplement output of quotations and tenders as required by the business to meet timescales set by customers
• Primarily office-based, you will manage individual quotation and tender processes to meet and exceed timelines set by customers' requirements.
• You will be set KPIs regarding Tenders/Quotations being submitted on time, Quote output and Quotation strike rate
• To update prescribed internal administration requirements of the company.
• To ensure all information accurately reflects the latest cost data of the company.
• To follow guidelines laid down for client quotation presentation and improvements as the need arises.
• To follow the company IT systems as required.
• To attend the weekly quotation meeting
• To be personally responsible for pricing all SOR / existing customers price requirements in accordance with the agreed contract terms / price methodologies
• To read and assess all contract terms documents to establish variations to that included in quotes / tender submissions
• To fully check order values against tendered rates (and bought in items)
• To be responsible for pricing & identifying all contract variation price opportunities and securing additional value opportunities
• To manage personal quotations and tenders to meet and exceed timelines set by customers' requirements.
Experience required for the Estimator/ QS position:
• Experience in a similar Estimator / QS role, or other very relevant fields (e.g. surveying or other roles entailing the pricing of building materials, etc.)
• Experience of tendering within the public sector would be advantageous
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, with particular expertise in MS Excel
• Must be methodical, well-organized and highly-numerate, with a customer-focused approach and excellent communication skills
In return for your hard work:
• You will be part of a successful and growing manufacturing business, with progression opportunities available for those hard-working and willing to strive for them
• You will earn a competitive salary of £25-35,000 depending on experience
• You will receive generous holiday entitlement
• You will be primarily office-based (Thetford) so little travel involved
• You will work a Monday - Friday (9am-5pm) only role, no weekend work!
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any further questions about the Estimator vacancy, please contact Samantha Greaves at Quattro Recruitment, Peterborough. Please note this position is based local to Thetford, Norfolk.
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap personnel, Quattro Healthcare Ltd TA gap healthcare & Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap professional) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.