The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
As the Business Development Specialist, you will be self-motived with a can-do attitude, possessing experience in raising funds through fundraising. It is essential that you have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be responsible for developing and implementing fundraising activities to secure income according to agreed targets, focusing on trusts, foundations and statutory sources and assisting with corporate fundraising. You will have experience in writing cases for support, alongside strong research and administration skills.
It is essential that you work well within a strong team, whilst managing and prioritising your own workload. You must be able to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills, as you will be working to meet concurrent deadlines whilst delivering a consistently high level of work.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Identify and research potential sources of funding from trusts, foundations, government and other funders
• Carry out fundraising campaigns and activities
• Develop and prepare compelling written materials, cases for support and proposals for trusts, foundations, government prospects and other funders
• To assist with corporate and institutional fundraising as and when required.
• Maintain and develop existing relationships with funders
• To attend key meetings with funders, as appropriate.
• To keep up-to-date with relevant developments in the sector
• Keep comprehensive central records of all applications submitted, correspondence and other relevant documentation.
• Track and analyse giving practices to identify trends which could affect the success of applications
• Discuss with the Head of Operations the feasibility of bids and projects before compilation
• Liaise with the Management Team and project staff to plan projects requiring funding; set potential outcomes and outputs; prepare financial budgets
• To work collectively with members of the Management Team to ensure that all trust and foundation prospects are thanked and stewarded in a timely and professional manner.
• To review and report on successes and failures of applications and implement necessary changes.
• To collate project information and ensure that high quality funding applications are fully considered by donors and the final outcome monitored.
• Maintain the requirements of the Quality System and if aware of any deficiencies
• Exceptional organisational, research and administrative skills, high attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent IT skills and competency in MS Office
• Willingness and ability to be flexible with a demanding work schedule
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Proven history of raising funds through fundraising
• Educated to degree level is desirable
The salary for this role is between £24,000 - £25,000 per annum, depending on experience, and the normal working hours are 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday - Friday. This is a full time, fixed term contract.
Benefits of this role include, free parking, pension, Private Medical Cover and Life Assurance.
For more information on this role, please contact Lauren in the Leamington Spa office.
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap personnel, Quattro Healthcare Ltd TA gap healthcare & Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap professional) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.