The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
This is a full time, day shift, permanent role working 7 days on 7 days off, 7am - 7pm. This position allows for an excellent opportunity to have a fantastic work/life balance. The salary for this role is £36,861 per annum, plus additional payments dependant on additional qualifications.
As a B1 Engineer, the purpose of this role is to provide and support effective and efficient engineering at the hub, that meets the operational requirements in a sustainable and safe manner. Ensuring that the relevant hangar and line work is carried out on time, in full, and to the required standards.
Main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for certifying the work in the hangar and line; in consultation with the Maintenance Supervisors and Base Station Controller (BSC)
• Ensure all work is completed IAW company procedures and the relevant maintenance documentation, Technical logs and work orders, are completed and returned to technical records.
• Responsible for ensuring any required parts/tools for maintenance are ordered correctly and monitor with logistics/supervisors regarding estimated delivery times.
• Ensure tools and equipment are treated correctly, and are stored in the correct locations
• Responsible for ensuring proper handover procedures are completed iaw the MOE.
• Ensure company premises are maintained and good housekeeping standards are met at all times. Report any building/facilities defects to Maintenance Supervisors and/or BSC.
• Be well informed about valid instructions, regulations and maintenance information.
• Be well informed about the procedures regarding production quality control and quality audit especially how they apply at the specific maintenance tasks.
• Perform maintenance on equipment that is used for maintenance and apply a high maintenance standard. Restore and clean all equipment after the maintenance activity. When equipment fails or is found to be faulty, immediately report this to the certifying staff.
• Keep current with the approved working schedules, Company procedures, requirements and any authorisation ratings held for the work performed.
• Have confidence to issue an SMS report if a violation from the established WAS Flight Safety Standard is discovered.
• Carry out any other such reasonable duties as the company sees fit in accordance with the responsibilities of the position
Essential Experience and Criteria:
• Unrestricted EASA B1 license - preferable type rating on either 737CL, 737NG or BAe ATP. (Non- type holders will still be considered)
• Aviation Engineering experience
• Must be proactive, self-motivated & confident self-starter
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Possess confident and effective communication skills (both written & verbal)
• Ability to make good judgements based on the needs of the company operation, in a very fluid, fast changing environment.
• Proven problem solving, planning and organisational skills
Benefits of this role include a generous company pension, loyalty bonus after 12 months and 28 days holiday per year. Four times a year, you will also have 3 weeks off.
For further information on this role, please contact Lauren in the Leamington Spa branch.
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap personnel, Quattro Healthcare Ltd TA gap healthcare & Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap professional) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.