The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Gap professional are on the hunt for an experienced Buyer to join our client based just outside the idyllic town of Oundle. You will be work closely with the Buying team to cultivate new products at competitive prices. This is your time to be part of a growing, forward-thinking business, who are extremely reputable in the market place.
Duties of the Buyer:
• You will need to proactively source multiple/new suppliers across all the relative and identified product areas within all buying areas.
• You will be working out of the office on the road and attend trade shows in UK, Europe and the USA (You must be willing to travel)
• You must Find and source new product areas and work with the relevant buying department to help grow the supplier's product range.
• Pass through the minimum required amount of new suppliers' / Product cats in line with KPIs set out.
• Proactively identify and attend trade and retail shows both in the UK and abroad to identify new suppliers, trends and areas for growth across all categories within the business.
• Proactively arrange and attend supplier meetings at Head office, to develop new relationships and develop new product ranges and suppliers across your all buying areas.
• You will need to manage, develop and grow new supplier accounts and deliver the first few shows from start to finish before handing to the appropriate account management team.
• Monitor trends, market pricing and identify new markets and product opportunities.
• You will take on responsibility for all new terms and conditions and any amends prior to head of sign off.
• You must take accountability to track monthly budgets v actuals and take proactive steps to rectify short falls and maximise promotions or out of the box deals.
Essential skills needed for the New Product Development Buyer:
• You must have previous experience as a Buyer, preferably within New Product Development
• Experience within the retail sector would be beneficial but is not essential
• You will need to be self- motivated & passionate and be able to manage own time effectively
• Willingness to travel to Europe/USA/UK for occasional trade fairs, and able to get to the office in Oundle for most other days.
• Excellent numeracy and grammatical skills with a key eye for detail, and experienced in MS Office including Word and Excel.
• Strong administration skills with meticulous attention to detail
In return for your hard work for the role as a New Product Development Buyer:
• You will be paid a very competitive salary of between £25,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience
• You will work for an exciting and fast-growing business where there is plenty of opportunity for progression for those hungry to strive for them
• You will have enhanced holiday starting at 22 days + banks which then increase based on time with the business
• You will have access to plenty of other exciting benefits such as health plans, pension, Christmas/Summer events, staff discounts, amongst others.
If you are an experienced Buyer and seeking your next challenge, please apply now. For further questions, please contact Samantha Greaves of gap professional, Peterborough. Please note this position is based just outside of Oundle.
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap personnel, Quattro Healthcare Ltd TA gap healthcare & Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap professional) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.