The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Reporting directly to the Horticultural Bulk Stores Supervisor, this position is responsible for controlling the stock of Groundcare machinery in the main warehouse, along with assisting other areas as required. This position would also be responsible for the distribution of goods to other branches across East Anglia.
Duties for the Bulk Stores Assistant include:
• Transferring stock into the showroom
• Controlling Stock and checking inventory
• Unpacking and processing supplier parcels
• Loading and unloading lorries
• Distributing goods to other branches
Key Skills for the Stores Assistant Position Include:
• Forklift licence (desirable)
• Previous Warehouse/stores experience
• General computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use
• Good numeracy and literacy skills
• Attention to detail as recording stock data
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• A team player - capable of working alone or with other staff members
• Able to use own initiative
• Full driving licence
The hours are 39hrs per week - 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and Friday 8am to 4pm (1hr unpaid lunch), and due to the location you will need to have your own transport.
• 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday)
• Company Sick Pay Scheme
• Workplace pension
• Childcare vouchers
• Staff Discount in Country Stores
• Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
• Free Parking
If you would like to work for an established company with an excellent reputation in customer care, please apply for this role.
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap personnel, Quattro Healthcare Ltd TA gap healthcare & Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap professional) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.