Our client is a large Distribution Centre for multi trade products and due to the continued growth of this successful organisation, they are now recruiting a Team Leader to run a team of staff on a permanent basis.
Overall Responsibilities for the DC Team Leader Position:
Working alongside your Team Leader colleagues you will be part of a team taking full responsibility for the Distribution Centre and all areas associated with this.
Key areas of responsibilities for the DC Team Leader Position include:
• Ensure same day despatch for all orders
• Ensure pick accuracy levels remain within business target
• Daily booking in of all lines received from UK suppliers
• Strive for continuous improvement with Picking efficiencies
• Ensure all workstations have the correct equipment and consumables for packaging
• Quality Control checks and process
• Management of daily Bulk > Pick face replenishments
• Liaise with Supply Chain team to manage supplier non-conformance & supplier returns
• Continuous reduction & management of rework products
• Ensure Trade Counter performance is of highest standard
• Ensure Bulk putaway is cleared daily and any excess UK Lines are flagged to Supply Chain team
• Goods into receiving zones management
• Take ownership of all Quality related issues
• Ensure carrier collections are made and on time
• Liaise with carrier providers to ensure best in class' delivery service offering at all times
• Liaise with Contact Centre on any queries or special customer requests
• Monitor packaging levels and liaise with external packaging suppliers
• Liaise with Projects/Productivity Manager & DC Managers to review stock accuracy credits
• Complete daily/weekly/monthly Health & Safety checks
• Planning of holiday cover within your team
• Completion of RTW's and absence management within your team
• Regular recorded dialogue with your team
• Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on boarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
• Ensure outside areas (loading/unloading/skips) are clean and tidy at all times
As the right candidate for this Distribution Centre Team Leader role you will have the following skills/experience:
• Good Standard of MS products including Excel
• Strong people leadership skills that can be evidenced
• Flexible in approach to working shifts/weekends
• Analytical thought process and logical approach to problem solving
• Hands on approach
The working week is 42.5hrs. This will include shift working from 7am starts up to 9pm finishes. Weekends on a rota basis will be included and due to the location, you will need to have your own transport.
Company Bonus Scheme
Excellent Promotion Opportunities and load more!!
If you would like to work for a dynamic and very successful organisation, please apply for this role now!
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap personnel, Quattro Healthcare Ltd TA gap healthcare & Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap professional) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.