The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Up to £50K
Our client is a large Distribution Centre for multi trade products and due to the continued growth of this successful organisation, they are now recruiting a Senior Distribution Manager Team Leader to run a team of staff on a permanent basis.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director and working over a 7-day operation we are looking for a Distribution Centre Manager who will be responsible for managing all DC & Logistics activity, including the receiving, warehousing and delivery of product in line with business targets and objectives.
You'll ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time. You will also have overall responsibility of transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods internally.
Understanding the whole supply chain is important so that you can coordinate your staff and their processes effectively and efficiently liaising with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior DC Manger include:
• Being accountable for the leadership and management of the Distribution Centre on a day-to-day basis
• Maintaining focus on all warehouse KPI's and employee engagement
• Understanding underlying reasons for trends (positive and negative) with the ability to flex the operation accordingly to meet the targets
• Proactively manage the output of the DC and other improvement initiatives to deliver proposed improvements and associated savings in efficiency and cost
• Identifying and delivering cost saving opportunities
• Compiling, tracking and reviewing KPI suite for the Distribution & Logistics function and, where necessary, identify trends and take swift corrective action
• Managing projects and execution
• Driving the operations strategic and tactical continuous improvement plans with full budgetary responsibility for all aspects of the Distribution Centre
• Resource planning across the Distribution Centre
• Develop the department by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical challenges and producing new solutions
• Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on boarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
Key areas of responsibilities for the Senior DC Manager Position include:
• Ability to ensure all H&S regulations are adhered to, with the influencing skills to drive improvements through staff engagement
• Demonstrate a proven track record of managing operations, requiring accuracy and high service standards
• Possess experience in a diverse and challenging customer orientated environment
• Will have excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to establish effective communication channels with employees
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide the budgetary and financial controls for regular reviews
• Strong people leadership that can be evidenced
Company Bonus Scheme
Generous Staff Discount
A Great Company Culture
and load more!!
If you would like to work for a dynamic and very successful organisation, please apply for this role now!
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap personnel, Quattro Healthcare Ltd TA gap healthcare & Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap professional) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.