Gap Professional are currently recruiting for a confident and established Depot Manager to join our well-established agricultural machinery client based local to Peterborough. Reporting straight into the Directors, this post holds full accountability for the performance of the branch, managing a team who will then perform diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned equipment, and sell to clients machinery such as tractors, combine harvesters, and construction equipment.
Duties of the Depot Manager include:
• To manage the local-to-Peterborough depot as your own business, holding full accountability for the budget/ P&L and activities of your teams (within service, parts and sales)
• You will lead the sales team directly and the service department and parts department through the relevant department managers ensuring effective communication and ensuring high levels of engagement with your teams.
• You will be given some key metrics to ensure the business is running smoothly and profitably but be empowered to drive the business forward in-line with the businesses strategic and operational goals.
• Ensure a consistent level of excellent customer care across all departments.
• To engage all employees at the depot to assist the company in achieving its vision and mission, instilling our core values.
• Leads, motivates and supervises the sales team within the depot to ensure maximised sales and commitment to our suppliers.
• Maintains an acceptable level of financial return set by the Board of Directors.
• Works with the marketing team to assist with local advertising, events and depot development.
• Ensures health and safety at the depot is maintained as a high priority.
To be considered for the position:
• You will have Depot Management experience, ideally within agriculture or construction / plant machinery
• You will have a proven track record within sales, either direct or managing a sales team
• You will have good knowledge of dealership operations in the sectors of agriculture, grounds care, or construction.
• You will have the ability to analyse and interpret internal reports with a good understanding of financial principles relative to depot operations.
In return for your hard work:
• You will be in a position of full autonomy, running the Depot (based local to Peterborough) as your own business and making your own commercial decisions as you see fit
• You will be paid a very competitive basic salary, dependent on experience
• There is the opportunity for a relocation allowance (if required)
• You will have a fully expensed company vehicle
• There is an enhanced pension/ holiday scheme
If you are an experienced Depot Manager with agricultural experience or similar, please apply now. For further information, please contact Samantha Greaves of gap professional on 07812 65 90 92. Please note this position is local to Peterborough.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your