Our market leading and reputable FMCG client based local to Eye, Suffolk are seeking a Production Supervisor to join their ever-expanding team. You will be responsible for leading the operations team in achieving performance targets in relation to production, KPI's and financials. This is a key role within the business in driving performance and continuous improvement to ensure that the business can continue to grow.
Duties of the Production Supervisor:
• Responsible for factory variances and overheads
• Accountable for the profit and loss accounts of the unit with focus on conversion costs
• Team leaders - Direct reports working in line with Engineering, Technical, Training and Hygiene teams.
• Optimum staffing levels to be achieved based on company labour plans to deliver on target labour costs and strategic profit improvement plans.
• Responsible for the managing, training, developing and motivating the team including absence management, performance issues, individual performance reviews and interview
• Develop, train, coach and motivate the Team leaders and Operatives, in conjunction with the HR Department.
• Lead by example in promoting harmonious working environment and demonstrate a strict health and safety culture
• Ensure all products meet or exceed the agreed customer specification and quality standards.
• Lead and develop the Unit Team; integrating Technical, Engineering, Planning, H&S, HR/ Learning and Development, Procurement, Process Development and services to create focused business units.
• Monitor, improve and maintain all customer service levels, both internal and external.
• Optimize production efficiencies, namely output, quality, yield, labour etc.
• Maintain and uphold all aspects of Company HR policies, standards of discipline, communication and industrial relations
Experience required for the Production Supervisor:
• You must have previous experience within a similar role and/or FMCG environment.
• Previous experience managing a team and be able to demonstrate leadership qualities
• Excellent IT skills
• Health and Hygiene and/or food manufacturing qualifications would be desirable e.g. Level 2 Food safety and hygiene, IOSH managing safely training
• You will have a proactive and solutions driven approach to your work and enjoy responsibility
• Due to the location and flexibility needed, your own transport is essential.
In return for your hard work:
• You will be paid a competitive basic salary of £28-£32k
• You will be joining a market leading FMCG business with exciting growth plans for 2019 and you will be working in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
• You will have ample opportunity to develop and further your career
• Free on site parking
• Discounted staff shop
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at gap professional Norwich on 01603 767617. Please note that this role is based local to Eye, Suffolk.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your