Our prestigious client within food manufacturing based local to Bridlington, Yorkshire are seeking an experienced Hygiene Manager to join the team. You will be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of high standards of hygiene across the site and to promote a health and safety culture. The role will require you to work Monday to Friday, 6am-2pm however given the nature of the business you will need to be flexible.
Duties of the Hygiene Manager:
• Ensure all aspects of the hygiene service are carried out and maintained to the required standard
• To manage the hygiene budget and ensure all expenditure is authorised and recorded
• To manage the ordering and stock control of hygiene consumables and chemicals
• To maintain detailed cleaning instructions and schedules for every hygiene activity that meet the requirements of the BRC food safety standard
• To be responsible for the effective delivery of the in-house laundry operation
• To conduct compliance audits/inspections of internal hygiene standards and documentation
• To provide training and awareness for all hygiene and waste handling staff in all procedures relevant to their role
• To manage the external waste contractors and ensure they always operate in a legally compliant and safe manner including retaining copies of all appropriate waste licences and duty of care documentation
• Manage and develop direct reporting staff
• Ensure that all team members pursue safe working practices and all accident and reporting procedures
Experience required for the Hygiene Manager:
• Previous experience within a food manufacturing environment would be beneficial
• You will have working knowledge of GMP and HACCP
• Relevant food and health and safety qualifications e.g. IOSH, HACCP level 3
• You will be diligent and be an effective communicator
• You will have your own transport due to the location of the site local to Bridlington, Yorkshire
In return for your hard work:
• As a Hygiene Manager you will be paid a very competitive salary of £25-£30k depending on experience.
• You will work a fixed shift, Monday to Friday 6am,2pm.
• You will be part of an exciting and rapidly growing business with plenty of progression opportunities for the future
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at gap professional, Norwich. Please note the position is based in Bridlington, Yorkshire.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your