They are seeking a skilled Maintenance Engineer (electrical biased) to join their growing team on a permanent basis at their site at Sherburn, Malton.
The role of the Maintenance Engineer is to support the Maintenance Manager in enabling continuous production activities, by ensuring that the factory plant and equipment is maintained and repaired to an adequate and safe standard.
• Carryout regular inspection of plant and equipment to assess maintenance requirements and/or identify any repairs. Maintain records of inspections as required
• The general maintenance and repair of plant and machinery, including major plant/electrical equipment and portable equipment such as grinders etc
• Report to, take instruction and duties from and work closely with the Maintenance Manager as necessary
• To remove from service any equipment considered to be unfit or unsafe for use on the site
• In the event of any maintenance or repair work being required ensure that any plant or machinery is left in safe manner, prior to maintenance or repair work being undertaken
• In the event of a repair assess whether the repair can be undertaken in house or external subcontractors will be required
• Assess the timescales and cost of any repairs, taking into account issues such as down time, safety on the shop floor and availability of contractors and report this information back to the Maintenance Manager
• Regularly review ongoing maintenance activities of plant and equipment on the site and propose suggestions to achieve improved equipment performance and/or reduced maintenance costs
• Provide necessary technical knowledge to ensure that any changes/improvements to fixed installations or portable electrical equipment are completed in accordance with all relevant statutory regulations
• To source and obtain competitive quotes and lead times for any parts, items or tools required to enable the replacement, repair or service of plant, buildings or equipment from competent suppliers/contractors as directed by the Maintenance Manager
• Liaise with any contractors undertaking any repairs or maintenance on plant or equipment within the works or on the site. Responsibility for issuing of permits to work remains with the Production Manager, however the Maintenance Engineer will be required to contribute to the planning of safe methods of work and method statements and supervise subcontractors where requested and ensure they comply with permits and method statements
• Carry out regular routine inspection of fire alarms and emergency lighting systems in the works and offices and maintain inspection records
• Carry out daily recording of all activities including those of contractors into the maintenance database with all respective costs
• Assist in and make contributions to all shop floor improvement projects
• Deliver Tool Box Talks to employees and contractors as and when necessary
In return for the above skills and experience you will be rewarded with a great salary, a company that offers progression and a business that has stability within the market and values it staff.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your