Our client within the manufacturing sector based local to Watton, Norfolk are seeking a budding HGV Technician to work within their busy onsite garage. Working within a market leading business in a small knit team, you will become an integral part of ensuring that the business is able to operate fully and efficiently. The role will require you to work Monday to Friday, 7:30am-4:15pm with the occasional Saturday.
Duties of the HGV Technician:
• You will carry out inspections, maintenance, repairs and MOT preparation of HGV vehicles to DVSA standards
• You will carry out maintenance and repairs of buildings and other equipment including fork lifts trucks, cars, lgv's, agricultural machinery and tools/etc.
• You will ensure operational requirements, good practices and deadlines are met
• You will maintain the Health, Safety and Welfare of yourself and other employees in accordance with Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
• You will ensure completion of paperwork in a timely, accurate manner whilst maintaining legal standards
• You will liaise with the health & safety department to establish controls for health & safety to include: Accident & Near Miss Investigations; Monitoring of corrective actions; Coordinate with other departments to ensure that planned preventative maintenance is carried out for safety systems for machinery & equipment in your area of responsibility
• You will maintain a good level of housekeeping in the garage
• You will have the ability to work with an established small team and on their own initiative whilst under pressure
Experience required for the HGV Technician:
• Relevant HGV Technician/Mechanic qualification (e.g. City & Guilds or NVQ)
• Previous Mechanical experience
• Knowledge of the risk assessment process
• The flexibility to work the hours as follows: Monday to Friday, 7:30am-4:15pm with a with the occasional Saturday shift (note that overtime is paid at time and a third)
• Due to location of the role based local to Watton, you will need to have your own transport
In return for your hard work:
• You will be paid a very competitive hourly rate of £13.71 (£27k per annum)
• You will be able to accrue additional overtime at £18.23 per hour (over time paid at 40 hours+)
• You will have the opportunity to undertake additional training to assist you in your responsibilities
• The business offers attendance bonus, enhanced pension and discounted local gym
• You will be part of an exciting and rapidly growing manufacturing business with plenty of progression opportunities for the future
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany Male at gap personnel, Norwich. Please note the position is based in Watton, Norfolk.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your