As the Head of Business Development this role is a Senior Management Team (SMT) position and this role will lead all Business Development activities within the company using the expertise of existing staff and through developing a network of competent associate resources on specific assignments as required. The role is technically supported by the SMT and wider colleagues' expertise to increase the number of core and related opportunities with targeted existing and new clients.
Owing to the nature of this role, there is likely to be extensive travel dependent on business needs. Applicants would ideally need to be comfortable with overnight stays away from home as required. Whilst being close to our clients Head Office in Brentwood could be advantageous, our client is looking to develop the business UK-wide, so applicants are encouraged to apply from other locations in the UK.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities for the Head of Business Development include:
• Work effectively within the Senior Management Team;
• Work closely with the Financial, Operational and Commercial teams;
• Forecast projections, commit to delivery and target tracking;
• Identify and capitalise on opportunities for new business through research, intelligence and relationship building;
• Identify new and strongly performing markets, engage with the key companies operating within these markets and secure opportunities to quote for and win new business;
• Lead client engagement maintain key client relationships and grow this network;
• Research tenders and opportunities within our market as well as leading or actively part of tender team;
• Develop and maintain a good technical knowledge of the whole company offering;
• Meeting and presenting directly with clients to discuss our client's services;
• Writing monthly KPI reports and making presentations to the Board;
• Identifying new methods and opportunities for the business.
Key Competencies for the Head of Business Development position include:
• Business development experience is essential;
• Vitality, personality and ability to create positive and purposeful relationships;
• Ability to create mutually beneficial relationships with people at all business levels and influence through credibility;
• Excellent problem-solving and creative skills;
• Leadership combined with team-working skills;
• Focused attention to detail;
• Time management and organisational skills to meet deadlines and prioritize work accordingly;
• Ability to adapt instantly, flexibly and positively to desirable opportunities;
• Excellent presentation, communication, technical and IT skills.
• Technical knowledge or experience in Utility Detection Surveying or Land Surveying;
• Knowledgeable of Geospatial capabilities and potentialities;
• Building Information Modelling (BIM) experience / knowledge;
• Membership to CICES, ICE or equivalent;
• Civil engineering industry relevant degree or equivalent;
• Driving licence.
Salary will be £60k plus dependent on experience, and will come with a generous car allowance, comprehensive benefits package and SMT bonus scheme.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your