Gap professional are recruiting for an Assistant Breeder Farm Manager to join a prestigious Poultry business, on a breeding site based local to Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading business in which you will be responsible for the running of the site, ensuring excellent quality of poultry and the adherence of health and safety. The role will require you to work 39 hours per week.
Duties of the Assistant Breeder Farm Manager:
Assist the Farm Manager with the day-to-day running of the site which will include-
• Achieving target levels of production (mortalities, rejects, live weights, etc.)
• Carry out vaccinations
• Monitoring and ordering feed as required
• Identifying and delivering training required for any site staff.
• Liaising regularly with Breeder Site Manager, and communicate with site staff and colleagues as appropriate, regarding successes and problems to ensure the consistent flow of information
• Carrying out evening checks of the site, and be on call for the environmental alarm, when required.
• Monitoring stock control of farm supplies, and raise purchase orders for supplies
• Ensuring responsibility for maintaining the health and welfare
• Managing staff in a positive and professional manner
Experience required for the Assistant Breeder Farm Manager:
• You must have a driving license and own method of transport due to the rural location based local to Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
• You will have previous experience working with poultry
• You will have a positive and can-do' attitude and enjoy motivating a team
• You will be flexible with working hours and willing to put in extra hours when needed.
In return for your hard work:
• As an Assistant Breeder Farm Manager, you will be paid a very competitive hourly rate of up to £9.23ph depending on experience
• You will have the opportunity for overtime at an enhanced rate
• You will be part of an exciting and rapidly growing business with plenty of progression and development opportunities for the future!
If you have the skills required and are immediately available to start work, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany of gap professional Norwich. Please note this opportunity is based local to Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your