Gap professional are looking for a Software Developer to join a growing, forward-thinking business, who are extremely reputable in their market. Our client is based in the idyllic town of Stamford and with exciting growth plans in the near future, there's no better time to join the business.
Duties of the Software Developer:
• Supporting the Software Development department in the daily maintenance of existing software services, solutions and applications
• Undertaking software development duties as determined by your line manager
• Developing key projects or designated areas of a particular project, ensuring work is done to the highest standard to fulfil requirements and contribute effectively to the projects success
• Share relevant information with colleagues (and document work where appropriate), ensuring they can follow and complete work undertaken should circumstances require it
Essential skills needed for the Software Developer:
• 2-3 years' general software development experience
• Experience using different DB platforms, ideally with MySQL, SQLite, MS SQL however this isn't essential.
• Knowledge of Cloud Services (AWS)
• Experience working in a Linux environment (Debian, Ubuntu Distribution)
• You must be able to look objectively at areas for improvement such as streamlining systems / services or seeing opportunities to help the business develop further
• You must have excellent technical capability across a range of technologies focusing on agile development in a predominantly Linux environment
• You will need to be a strong and confident communicator (both written and oral)
• You must be a motivated, outgoing and organised person who can work both as part of a team and individually
In return for your hard work as the Software Developer:
• Competitive salary depending on the level of experience
• Bonus is given twice a year once in June and once in December (this is reflected upon the business)
• Fantastic pension of 5%
• Death in service (4 x salary),
• A generous 25 days holiday + bank holidays
If you have previous experience in Software Development and are based within commutable distance from Stamford, then I would like to hear from you. For a confidential chat please call Harriet Blamire at Gap Professional, Peterborough on 01733 60 62 40.
Please note that Gap Professional are always seeking candidates Nationwide for commercial based positions, if you would like to find out more then please get in touch now.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your