A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant to join a Chartered Practice in the heart of Peterborough on a Part-Time basis. This is an exciting time to join a growing, forward-thinking business, who are extremely reputable in the market place.
Duties of the Senior Accountant position:
• Managing a portfolio of small owner-managed businesses ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
• Training and developing junior staff members
• Establishing new and existing relationships with clients
• Reviewing financial statements prepared by staff
• Preparation of monthly management accounts including monthly management meetings with many clients
• Manage and oversee the VAT returns for clients
• Assisting and advising clients on a wide range of matters such as year-end accounts, self-assessment, VAT, management accounts etc
• Looking at ways to improve efficiency and processes by utilising new technology
• Meeting with clients to discuss accounts/tax matters
• Building and developing relationships with other professionals such as banks, solicitors etc through networking
• Using a wide range of different accounting packages to assist clients such as CCH, Sage, Xero, etc
• Performing quality reviews on work done by other team members
• Reviewing tax computations for sole traders, companies and partnerships
• Updating client's computer records for accounting year adjustments
• Preparation of accounts and working papers
• Researching and developing an opinion on technical points as required
• Preparation of statutory accounts and corporate tax returns
• Ensuring that client's compliance is maintained accurately
Essential skills needed for the Senior Accountant position:
• The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent.
• It is desirable that you have experience using CCH accounts and tax software and Xero.
• ICAEW / ACCA qualified.
• Prior experience in accounting role essential, practise experience highly desirable.
In return for your hard work for the role as an Senior Accountant:
• You will receive a very competitive salary
• Be part of a growing, forward-thinking business
• Company pension
• On-site parking
If you have previous experience as a Senior Accountant in a private practice and are based in the Peterborough area, then I would like to hear from you. For a confidential chat please call Harriet Blamire at gap professional.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your