Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, are you looking for a new opportunity within Health and Social care industry or looking to start your career?
Adult Day Support Worker
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Meldreth, Cambridge/Hertfordshire, near Royston
Hours of work: 4 week rota pattern Ave 39hrs per week.
Salary: £8.75- £9.70ph (Depending on competency and qualifications)
Multiple vacancies – Full time and Part time hours
Our client is looking for a number of Adult Day Support Workers in a supported living environment for young adults who have sever and profound learning difficulties. They aim to offer a fun and supported environment where the students are always getting involved in Forestry School, Enterprise Scheme, Rock climbing and much more! It is far from an ordinary job.. it is a job where you will make a difference and have lots of laughter!
Duties of a Support Worker:
- Providing exceptional high levels of personal care such as washing and dressing
- Assisting the young adults during hydrotherapy and rebound therapy sessions
- Communicating effectively and building strong relationships that will empower the young adults to grow and develop
- Ensuring that the environment is safe, supportive and enjoyable
- Independence is prompted wherever is possible, the adults will often run their own days with what they like to do, so you can be helping make things in the sites enterprise scheme, going on shopping trips, taking part in forestry lessons or even going to the pub!
Qualities of a successful applicant:
- Willingness to learn and to go the extra mile
- Exceptional communication skills and patience
- Resilient with a robust and positive nature
- Ability to work on a rota pattern which will typically include every other weekend
- Have a natural desire to learn and enhance your skill set and a willingness to complete your Level 3 Diploma in HSC which is funded by us
What’s on offer:
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 Diploma in HSC which will be funded by the client
- Part time hours available if required
- Accommodation if required (Subject to availability)
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays
- Life assurance and pension
- Perk box
- Free parking
- Flexible working hours that will give you a great work life balance
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Closing date is 4th March 2020.
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future