|Salary:||21500 - 999999 year|
|Contact Name:||Wolverhampton Branch|
Gap Personnel are representing an international client, that produces Automotive, Motive power and Stationary batteries. In less than 30 years it has become one of the leading companies in Europe and its products are sold worldwide.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Battery Support Engineer to work within our existing service division. Site based for 3 days per week and field based for two days. Training will be provided however we are looking for candidates with some form of engineering experience/competence
Hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £21,500 per annum
As part of the service team you will be expected to give expert advice to the customer, as well as providing topping, cleaning, minor repairs and maintenance to batteries and chargers. Examples of responsibilities include testing cells, replacing cells, changing connector bolts, replacing cables, topping up cells and cleaning equipment.
Training will be provided; however we are looking for candidates with some form of engineering experience/competence.
Skills/ Experience Required
- Previous experience with forklift truck / motive power/ traction / lithium / acid batteries is preferred but not essential
- Basic electrical engineering skills (no qualifications are essential)
- Ability to communicate with clients
- Ability to manage time effectively
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation, which offers a great benefits package for their employees.
Example of Responsibilities:
- Cleaning battery cells
- Topping up lead acid batteries
- Adhering to health & safety policies
- Providing an excellent level of customer service
- Representing company in a positive manner
- Ensuring work area is always kept clean and well maintained
- Working in a team environment
- Full UK driving licence
- Must be commutable distance to Trafford Park
- Good attention to detail
- Experience in some form of engineering
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
IMMEDIATE STARTS AVAILABLE