The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Gap personnel acting as an employment business are currently recruiting for a bespoke production wood machinist on a temporary basis with the view to go permanent.
Working hours are inbetween 0600-1400 Monday to Friday, however the company are going to be introducing a late shift which will be rotational 1330-2230 so flexibility is required. Overtime is available on Saturdays and will be paid at time and a quarter.
Pay rate is £10.13 per hour and is paid weekly.
- You will be working with wood machines to manufacture bespoke furniture.
- Assisting with assembly of bespoke furniture
- Ensuring quality standards are met at all times
- Working to KPI’s
- Ensure health and safety procedures are followed
- Report any defect or faults to the production supervisor/manager
The ideal candidate:
- Have knowledge of tools, and materials common to the wood industry .
- Have skills in operating machines such as: panel saw, wood welder, belt sander etc.
- Be able to read and understand technical drawings
- Have strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Be able to work alone upon own initiative or as part of a small team
- Be comfortable working in a fast pace environment and be adaptable to change
If interested in this role we have immediate interviews available