The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Gap Personnel is currently recruiting for a Care Engineer for one of our prestigious clients based in Blackburn, Lancashire.
As a Care Engineer you will be responsible for providing the day to day operational engineering support, in relation to building, premises, grounds and maintenance of equipment. Developing and implementing best practice and effective policy, ensuring the engineering team complies with all current engineering legislation including Acts, Regulations, CDM and official guidance and standards.
Your responsibility will also be to
perform maintenance and repairs on all aspects of the facility including, but not limited to automation, conveyors, forklifts, industrial batteries, building electrical up to 415VAC, plumbing, basic carpentry, and general building maintenance. Coordinate and prioritise routine and preventative maintenance requirements using CMMS to minimise operational downtime and to meet specific timelines.
Act as a mentor to team members (including apprentices) within the reporting line by proactively contributing to their professional development. To be delivered through sharing experience and expertise and making use of training plans and personal development plans to monitor progress.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience as Engineeering Team Leader/Supervisor/Manager within a distribution centre or manufacturing Facility.
- Ability to influence, engage and drive at all levels.
- Procurement and negotiating skills.
- Multi skilled engineer time served apprenticeship or equivalent
- Holds a qualification in a related discipline
- Experience of electrical installation and automation
- Experience of mechanical automation and FLT
- Experience of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Experience of facilities management
- Warehouse or manufacturing experience
- Desire to achieve
- Flexible approach to hours worked
- Excellent attitude
- Positive outlook
- Good verbal and written communication skills, numerate including IT proficiency
- Work well under pressure
- Team Player
If you believe to be the suitable candidate for the role - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.