|Contact Name:||Connie Ball|
Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are you looking for a Care Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Meldreth, near Royston, Cambridge/Hertfordshire border
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Salary: £26,668 - £28,189
Summary: Supporting the Service Manager to effectively manage and coordinate all aspects of a high quality personalised service to young adults with complex needs and their families.
- To ensure that individuals are fully involved in the development, coordination and delivery of all aspects of the service, in accordance with ways which are meaningful and realistic to each individual.
- To promote a culture of high standards, expectations and continuous improvement that values and empowers staff.
- To enable young people to achieve positive outcomes and to enable them to participate as full and active citizens in their local community, pursuing their hobbies and interests. This may include maintaining social networks and supporting the individual to access education, employment or social activity such as visits to clubs, pubs, restaurants, shops etc.
- To be responsible for risk assessments for individuals that affect their choices and lifestyle and ensure risk assessments promote an active and meaningful life that presents challenge.
- To work appropriately and effectively with other external agencies including family members, friends and advocates.
Education and experience:
- To be able to work flexibility to accommodate the needs and choices of those using the service.
- Ability to draft care and person centred support plans for individuals.
- Experience of writing a balanced rota.
- Experience of working with young people and adults who have complex needs.
- Level 4 Health and Social Care qualification.
- To be able to establish effective rapport and communication with others, for example with young people, teams, families, advocates or circles of support.
- To be able to establish effective communication with a range of stakeholders.
- To be able to write and maintain records and documentation.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Closing date is 30th November 2020.
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.