|Salary:||£26,668 - £28,189|
ap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are looking for a Care Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Meldreth, Nr.Royston
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Salary: £26,668 - £28,189 is depending upon experience and qualifications
We are currently looking for a Care Manager to work on a permanent basis. We offer a supportive living and learning environment for young adults who have severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties resulting in complex learning needs.
Set within 14 acres, the site provides extensive space for learning, developing and living.
Supporting the Service Manager to effectively manage and coordinate all aspects of a high quality personalised service to young adults with complex needs and their families.
- To ensure that individuals are fully involved in the development, coordination and delivery of all aspects of the service, in accordance with ways which are meaningful and realistic to each individual.
- To promote a culture of high standards, expectations and continuous improvement that values and empowers staff.
- To enable young people to achieve positive outcomes and to enable them to participate as full and active citizens in their local community, pursuing their hobbies and interests. This may include maintaining social networks and supporting the individual to access education, employment or social activity such as visits to clubs, pubs, restaurants, shops etc
- To be responsible for risk assessments for individuals that affect their choices and lifestyle, and ensure risk assessments promote an active and meaningful life that presents challenge.
- To work appropriately and effectively with other external agencies, including family members, friends and advocates.
- Level 4 Health and Social Care qualification
- Experience of working with young people and adults who have complex needs
- Experience of writing a balanced rota
- To be able to establish effective rapport and communication with others, for example with young people, teams, families, advocates or circles of support
- To be able to establish effective communication with a range of stakeholders
- To be able to write and maintain records and documentation
- Ability to draft care and person centred support plans for individuals
- To be able to work flexibly to accommodate the needs and choices of those using the service
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Closing date is 3rd March 2021
Gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.