|Salary:||£31,200 per year|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Brown|
“Find a job you love and you'll never work another day in your life”
We are proud to be working in partnership with luxury chocolatier Hotel Chocolat to recruit Cell Supervisors (Process Technicians) for its Huntingdon site. These are permanent positions, available from the 25th May and offer the successful candidates an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic organisation in a progressive environment.
Sunday - Thursday, 10pm - 6am
£31,200 per year
Benefits you'll receive include:
We operate 24/5 rather than 24/7, so you’ll never have to work on weekends (excluding Sunday nights)
25 days annual leave.
All permanent employees are entitled to our discretionary bonus scheme.
You’ll be covered by our life assurance plan after three months.
Hotel Chocolat discount
Hard work should be rewarded. You’ll receive seasonal gift cards and generous discounts including chocolate (naturally) and every other product in our range from award-winning alcohol to cocoa inspired cookery books. You’ll also receive 70% off your stay at our luxury resort in St Lucia.
A saving scheme that offers you the opportunity to buy shares in Hotel Chocolat plc.
It’s in all of our interest to keep you fit and healthy, and that includes your eyesight.
Contributory pension scheme.
Cycle to work scheme
Good for the environment and great if you can, available to all employees.
Excellent opportunities for career progression.
What makes working for this leading brand different? Well, that’s easy:
- Since its inception in 1993, Hotel Chocolat has been raising the bar as an innovative, authentic, and ethical manufacturer, which is passionate about fairness, equality and giving back – three core qualities it also lives by as an employer.
- These qualities mean that Hotel Chocolat just keeps growing. To date, there are 103 stores across the UK and an international presence from Copenhagen to Hong Kong, a restaurant in London and a boutique hotel in St Lucia, employing over 1300 people. But it's not stopping there.
- Hotel Chocolat is committed to continually investing in its employees. Its mission is to ensure each person is given the opportunity to learn and grow alongside the business in a friendly and energetic working environment, where ideas flow and everyone is committed to achieving the same goals, together.
What will your role entail?
You will be responsible for the efficient performance of your cell, leading the team to ensure that you are manufacturing world-class chocolates, produced to specification and in line with technical and health & safety parameters.
Your responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the production line produces to plan, including full works order quantity, driving unit accuracy and ensuring product quality is in line with specification.
- Working with colleagues to ensure all raw materials are available and ensuring shortages are communicated to the appropriate Manager.
- Ensuring ingredient and chocolate yields are optimised through training team members, influencing the most efficient running order and manufacturing to specifications.
- Ensuring lines are set up and ready for operation before the shift commences and reviewing line performance throughout the shift operation.
- Ensuring 100% compliance with product specification to deliver products within agreed quality parameters and communicating effectively to achieve 100% compliance with a daily production plan.
- Leading and driving the culture of continuous improvement, working cross-functionally to deliver the best output for the business
- Ensuring SOP’s are produced, trained, reviewed and adapted to changes in manufacturing, and making sure any skills matrices reflect this.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Experience of a similar role in an environment where high standards in quality, health and safety are key.
- Passion for, and ownership of your line and the work area.
- Understanding of KPIs and the ability to set, monitor and adapt these where required.
- A proactive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Enthusiasm, energy and the ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- A ‘working together as one’ approach – offering flexibility and a commitment to team success.
- The ability to challenge constructively and receive feedback openly.
- Food safety/hygiene certification (highly desirable).
The interview process
Initial telephone/skype interviews will be conducted by a member of the gap professional team and employment referencing details sought. Following this, successful candidates will be put forward for an interview with Hotel Chocolat and those selected, offered a start date between the 25th May and 15th June 2020.
Please note: the company observes current guidelines on social distancing and all appropriate measures in support of the current situation are in place and operational.