|Contact Name:||Joseph Haselgrove|
Clinical Lead Nurse
Are you an established Clinical Lead Nurse with an active NMC pin and an advanced understanding of current CQC and NMC standards and regulations?
If this is you – I am currently recruiting for an experienced Clinical Lead Nurse for my well-established client based in the Yeovil, Somerset area. You will be working in a 39-bed nursing home where you will lead the clinical team and take a joint responsibility with the Home Manager for the day to day running of the home promoting high standards of professional practice and implementing relevant CQC, NMC and Local authority requirements.
My client has recently undertaken their latest CQC inspection and has achieved a ‘good’ rating in all areas and are looking for a Clinical Lead Nurse that will uphold their high standards of care and work collaboratively with the Home Manager to ensure continuous improvement and development of the service.
- Salary – £39,975 p.a.
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position.
- Shifts – 37.5hrs Per Week, 7AM to 7PM (including alternate weekends), With paid overtime available.
- Area – Yeovil, Somerset.
Responsibilities of Clinical Lead Nurse
- You will be responsible for the day to day running of the clinical team and all aspects of clinical care, with the ability to step up and manage the home in the absence of the home manager, arranging staff rotas and ensuring that the staffing levels remain at desired levels.
- Be the main point of contact for information and advice for prospective residents, arranging; assessments, trial visits and admissions.
- Liaise with external healthcare professionals such as GP’s, CQC inspectors and local authority / governing body representatives.
- Ensuring that nursing vacancies are proactively advertised and recruited for as soon as possible, as well as managing the induction and onboarding processes.
- Ensure that all members of the clinical team remain up to date on clinical guidance and receive all relevant / mandatory training in line with regulations and best practices and enabling professional development through arranging relevant healthcare qualifications.
- Take responsibility for the care of the residents; ensuring that their physical, emotional, and social needs are always met and ensuring that their healthcare records are kept up to date at all times.
- Oversee the monthly medication order and ensure that any medication is administered in line with NMC and other relevant regulations.
- Ensure that daily clinic checks, and medication checks are completed by the nursing team and complete audits ensuring that any areas of concern are immediately escalated.
Skills Required of Clinical Lead Nurse
- You will have a secure knowledge of local governing / CQC / NMC standards, regulations, and clinical best practices.
- You will be required to deliver clinical guidance to the nursing team through motivating and mentoring to ensure safe and efficient running of the home.
- It is vital that you have an active NMC nursing pin.
- You will need to a have a strong desire to succeed, and to provide the highest level of care at any time to the service users, ensuring that you always cater to their diverse individual needs.
- Knowledge of the MyAko learning platform would be beneficial however not essential as you will be required to monitor and ensure that all the clinical team remain up to date with relevant training.
- Have an understanding of the DOLs, ADL’s, SALT and TVN processes.
- Experience working as a Clinical Lead Nurse, in a similar service with an outstanding record of achievement.
- Either reside in or be able to travel to Yeovil, Somerset.
Benefits of Clinical Lead Nurse
- Competitive Salary of £39,975 Per Annum.
- Enrolled into a pension scheme.
- Long term employment.
- Competitive holiday entitlement.
- Fully funded DBS check at time of appointment.
- Following successful appointment, relevant training and courses will be provided for advancement.
The position of Clinical Lead Nurse is an extremely rewarding position where you will be making a difference to the quality of life for the service users on a daily basis. If you feel you are right for the position and are happy to travel to Yeovil, Somerset or want any further details, please do not hesitate to contact Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.