|Contact Name:||Joseph Haselgrove|
Clinical Lead Nurse (RMN)
Are you an experienced Clinical Lead Nurse with an advanced knowledge of current NMC and CQC standards and regulations with a passion for supporting service users with severe and enduring mental health needs?
If this describes you, I am currently recruiting for an experienced Clinical Lead Nurse for my well-established client based in the Old Trafford, Manchester area. The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge and experience of working with service users with mental health needs and be actively registered with the NMC.
You will be responsible for leading the clinical team and take a joint responsibility with the Home Manager for the day to day running of the home promoting high standards of professional practice and implementing relevant CQC, NMC and Local authority requirements.
- Salary – £39,780
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – Monday to Friday (8:30AM to 17:30PM) – With on-call rota to be shared between Deputy Manager and Registered Manager
- Area – Old Trafford, Manchester
Responsibilities of Clinical Lead Nurse
- You will be responsible for the day to day running of the clinical team and all aspects of clinical care, with the ability to step up and manage the home in the absence of the registered home manager.
- Arranging staff rotas and ensuring that the staffing levels remain at desired levels.
- Be the main point of contact for information and advice for prospective service users, arranging assessments and admissions.
- Liaise with external healthcare professionals such as GP’s, CQC inspectors and local authority / governing body representatives.
- Ensure that all members of the clinical team remain up to date on clinical guidance and receive all relevant / mandatory training in line with regulations and best practices and enabling professional development within the clinical team.
- Take responsibility for the care of the service users ensuring that their physical, emotional, and social needs are always met and ensuring that their healthcare records are always up to date.
- Creating and maintaining the service users care plans and ensuring that risk assessments are created and adhered to by all the care team.
- Carry out 1 to 1 session with service users and running meetings with members of staff / management / External Professionals.
Skills Required of Clinical Lead Nurse
- You will have a strong and secure knowledge of CQC, NMC and the local authorities’ regulations and standards.
- You will be required to deliver clinical guidance to the nursing team through motivating and mentoring to ensure safe and efficient running of the home.
- It is vital that you are a qualified nurse with an active NMC nursing pin, being a qualified RMN would be desirable due to working with Mental Health however applications from RNLD’s / RGN’s with relevant experience will be considered.
- You will need to a have a strong desire to succeed, and to provide the highest level of care at any time to the service users, ensuring that you always cater to their diverse individual needs.
- Experience working as a Clinical Lead Nurse, in a similar service with an outstanding record of achievement.
- Either reside in or be able to travel to the Old Trafford, Manchester area.
- Strong management and leadership skills will be required with experience in a clinical supervision role.
Benefits of Clinical Lead Nurse
- Highly competitive salary of £39,780
- Free DBS check at time of appointment
- Training and Development paid for with time set out for completion.
- Long term employment with a company that values its employees and invests in their professional growth
- Enrolled into pension scheme
The position of Clinical Lead Nurse is an extremely rewarding position where you will be making a difference to the quality of life for the service users on a daily basis. If you feel you are right for the position and are happy to travel to the Old Trafford, Manchester area or want any further details, please do not hesitate to contact Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.