Gap Personnel are currently seeking to recruit 4 CNC Machine Operators on behalf of a well-established client based in the Pontypool area. We are now seeking new talent to join their machining team within manufacturing. The environment is busy and fast paced.
The main purpose of the role is to produce parts using CNC machines to the required customer and technical specifications
- Loading and unloading of machines.
- Operating CNC machines to manufacture critical precision parts
- Selecting/operating correct tools for machines
- Ensuring that the tooling is continuing to run correctly whilst in the production cycles and if necessary to identify and make changes to ensure the product is manufactured to specification
- Supporting with machine/tooling changeovers and setting for the next job as is needed
- In process quality checks/gauging
- Previous experience in a precision engineering/manufacturing environment within a similar role or using similar skills is essential
- Ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings
- Experience of operating machines within a precision engineering environment
- Experience of using measuring equipment such as gauges
- Must have experience in metal cutting
- Knowledge of operating CNC milling machines (essential)
- Control systems of machines may vary so applicants are preferred to have a variety of machining knowledge
- Materials manufactured are cast iron and aluminium; experience of working with these materials is beneficial
- Ideally time served as an apprentice or equivalent
Hours and Days of Work:
Mornings: Monday - Thursday 06:00-14:00, Friday 06:00-13:30
Afternoons: Monday - Thursday 14:00-22:00, Friday 13:00-21:00
Nights: Monday - Thursday 22:00-06:00, Friday 21:00-04:30
Shifts rotate weekly on the three cycles. Occasional overtime will be required in the needs of the business.
Depending on individual experience assessed by the client on your skill set.
Enhanced rates of overtime paid for overtime hours worked after 37 hours of work completed in a week.
Due to the location and working hours, own transport or living near Pontypool area is essential. There is free parking available on site.
To apply for the role please send an up to date CV.
Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing date for applicants will be 27th of April 2021.