|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
|Contact Name:||Sophie Hughes|
Gap Personnel are currently seeking to recruit 2 CNC Machine Setters on behalf of a well-established client based in Pontypool. Our clients business is growing and as a result, we are now seeking new talent to join their manufacturing teams. The environment is busy and fast paced.
• Working within a team of 3/4 in a manufacturing cell producing quality parts as per specification
• Setting machines to manufacture critical precision heavy duty brakes, clutches and transmission parts
• Selecting/setting up correct tools for machines
• Setting of tools is a critical element of the setting process due to the precision nature of the work
• Adjusting set up/off sets of machines to ensure products manufactured meet the correct technical specifications to the job/product
• Ensuring that the tooling is continuing to run correctly whilst in the production cycles and if necessary to identify and make changes to ensure the product is manufactured to specification
• Machine/tooling changeovers and setting for the next job as is needed
• In process quality checks/gauging
• Previous work experience in a precision engineering/manufacturing environment within a similar role or using similar skills is essential
• Ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings
• Experience of setting machines, selecting tooling, checking tooling during manufacturing cycles
• Experience of setting machines within a precision engineering environment
• Experience of using measuring equipment such as gauges
• Knowledge of production equipment/various precision machines
• Control systems of machines may vary so applicants are preferred to have a variety of machining knowledge
• Materials manufactured are cast iron and aluminium; experience of working with these materials is beneficial
• Ideally time served as an apprentice or equivalent
Hours and Days of Work:
Mornings: Monday - Thursday 06:00-14:00, Friday 06:00-13:30
Afternoons: Monday - Thursday 14:00-22:00, Friday 13:00-21:00
Nights: Monday - Thursday 22:00-06:00, Friday 21:00-04:30
Shifts rotate weekly on the three cycles. Occasional overtime will be required in the needs of the business.
Depending on individual experience assessed by the client on your skill set.
Overtime of time & half is paid after 37 hours of work completed in a week.
Due to the location and working hours, own transport or living near Pontypool is essential. There is free parking available on site.
To apply for the role please send an up to date CV.
Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing date for applicants will be 30th October 2020.