The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, a reputable based company who are looking for an experienced CNC Miller preferably with aerospace experience.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4.00pm. Friday 7.30am to 1.00pm (1/2 hour unpaid lunchbreak)
Salary: £14.09 per hour
You will be responsible to programme, set and operate either Hurco Control System (Winmax/Ultimax) (conversational or G Block codes programming) controller CNC Mills to produce ground support components. Experience of 4 axis machining would be an advantage.
• Create, load, examine and modify CNC programmes;
• Set up tools and load materials onto CNC machine;
• Carry out machining of components;
• Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection to the authorised level;
• Identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements;
• Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives;
• Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat and tidy
• Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Workshop Supervisor.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
• Winmax programming experience (essential)
• Fully skilled engineer/tool maker with CNC milling experience;
• Able to work with metric and imperial drawings
• CNC setter/operator with experience of full programming;
• Used to working to fine tolerances with ferrous and non ferrous materials;
• Able to interpret engineering drawings;
• Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment;
• Heidenhain and OneCNC programming experience desirable;
• Able to work under own initiative;
• Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach;
• Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times;
• Eligible to work in UK.
In return, you will benefit from:
• 22 days holiday (3 day shutdown over Christmas)
• 2 x annual salary life assurance scheme
• Free Parking
• Company provides PPE & Eye tests
Closing date is 10th July
To Apply please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on or email your CV.