|Contact Name:||megan cox|
Gap Personnel are currently seeking to recruit a CNC/Wood Machinist on behalf of a well-established client based in Cwmbran. Our clients business is growing and as a result, we are now seeking new talent to join their manufacturing teams. The environment is busy and fast paced.
As a skilled Wood Machinist you will be expected to:
• Operate, program, and maintain the CNC machine
• Plan jobs following detailed technical drawings and select right wood for product.
• Work out correct amount of timber needed
• Cut and shape timber using appropriate tools and machinery
• Keep equipment clean and tidy and report faults. Must be able to work on your own and in a team.
• Work flexibly and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Workshops.
• Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with all Health and Safety at Work Regulations and Codes of Practice, including wearing protective clothing as supplied and to attend all training when requested.
• Good timekeeping and attendance is especially essential in this.
• The successful applicant will be experienced in programming / operating a CNC Machine (ideally within a woodwork setting).
• Experience of operating various Woodworking machinery and Tools in a Factory Setting
• A Valid Counterbalance Forklift Licence
• Up-to-date driving licence
• First Aid Training
• Ability to generate cutting lists
• Experience of Bespoke Joinery work
Hours and Days of Work:
Monday-Thursday: 8am - 5pm / Friday: 8am - 2.30pm
Starting £11 p/h
Overtime paid at time and a half
To apply for the role please send an up to date CV.
Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing date for applicants will be 15th May 2021.