|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
Gap Personnel are currently seeking to recruit 2 CNC/Machine Setters on behalf of a well-established client based in Newport. Our clients business is growing and as a result, we are now seeking new talent to join their manufacturing teams. The environment is busy and fast paced.
• Working within a team of 3/4 in a manufacturing cell producing quality parts as per specification
• Setting of tools is a critical element of the setting process due to the precision nature of the work
• Adjusting set up/off sets of machines to ensure products manufactured meet the correct technical specifications to the job/product
• Ensuring that the tooling is continuing to run correctly whilst in the production cycles and if necessary to identify and make changes to ensure the product is manufactured to specification
• Machine/tooling changeovers and setting for the next job as is needed
• In process quality checks/gauging
• Previous work experience in a precision engineering/manufacturing environment within a similar role or using similar skills is essential
• Ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings
• Experience of setting machines, selecting tooling, checking tooling during manufacturing cycles
• Experience of setting machines within a precision engineering environment
• Experience of using measuring equipment such as gauges
• Knowledge of production equipment/various precision machines
• Control systems of machines may vary so applicants are preferred to have a variety of machining knowledge
• Materials manufactured are cast iron and aluminium; experience of working with these materials is beneficial
• Ideally time served as an apprentice or equivalent
Hours and Days of Work:
Start on Monday
Monday to Friday 6am-2pm
£9.84 per hour
Due to the location and working hours, own transport or living near Pontypool is essential. There is free parking available on site.
To apply for the role please send an up to date CV.
Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing date for applicants will be 30th May 2021.