Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are looking for a CNC Press Brake Operative
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday – Thursday 2pm to 10.30pm, Friday 2pm to 7.30pm
Salary: £20,138pa (inclusive of a 15% late shift premium)
Reporting directly to the area team leader the purpose of this role is to manufacture components to drawing and within the tolerances stated within a metal shop environment. We work across numerous variants of sheet metal including stainless steel, brass and mild steel ranging from 0.9mm to 3mm in thickness across a variety of processes including:
- Press Brake
- Power Press
- Riveting & Assembly
- Spot Welding
- Chop Saw
- Polishing/Grinding & Linishing
- Painting & Degreasing (powder coating & wet spray)
Experience in fabrication of light sheet metal components in a production environment and a keen eye for detail to assist with sheet metal fabrication.
- Ability to read technical drawings and work within tolerances stated
- Ability to competently use measuring equipment
- Flexibility to carry out a wide ranging role and be willing to train across various skilled operations
- Able to follow process controls and accurately complete paperwork to support this
- Fork Lift License (High Reach/Counterbalance) is preferred but not essential
- Heavy product needs to be handled
- Team player with good communication skills.
SPECIFIC SKILL SETS REQUIRED
CNC PRESS BRAKE OPERATIVES – Experience of reading and understand technical drawings. Experience of using measuring equipment (digital calipers and protractors) is essential and must be demonstrable. Experience of setting and operating a press brake without supervision is desirable.
- 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Free Eye Test
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff Discount
- Flexi Time
- Staff recommendation scheme
Closing date is 8th January 2020
Gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.