Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, a reputable based company who are looking for an experienced CNC Turner preferably with aerospace experience.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4.00pm. Friday 7.30am to 1.00pm (1/2 hour unpaid lunchbreak)
Salary: £14.09 per hour
You will be responsible to programme, set and operate either Hurco Control System (Winmax/Ultimax) (conversational or G Block codes programming) controller CNC Turner to produce ground support components. Experience of 4 axis machining would be an advantage.
• Create, load, examine and modify CNC programmes;
• Set up tools and load materials onto CNC machine;
• Carry out machining of components;
• Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection to the authorised level;
• Identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements;
• Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives;
• Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat and tidy
• Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Workshop Supervisor.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
• Winmax programming experience (essential)
• Fully skilled engineer/tool maker with CNC Turner experience;
• Able to work with metric and imperial drawings
• CNC setter/operator with experience of full programming;
• Used to working to fine tolerances with ferrous and non ferrous materials;
• Able to interpret engineering drawings;
• Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment;
• Heidenhain and OneCNC programming experience desirable;
• Able to work under own initiative;
• Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach;
• Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times;
• Eligible to work in UK.
In return, you will benefit from:
• 22 days holiday (3 day shutdown over Christmas)
• 2 x annual salary life assurance scheme
• Free Parking
• Company provides PPE & Eye tests
Closing date is 10th July
To Apply please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on or email your CV