The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Job location: St, Neots, Cambridge PE19 8JJ
Environment: Packing and Warehouse facility
Environment Temperature: 12-14 degrees
Contract Type: temporary on going, possible permanent contract opportunities
Business Area: Warehouse Packing Facilities
Basic Salary £8.21 p/h, 40 hours per week
Hours of work: 06:00 – 14:00 and 14:00 – 22.00 (weekly rotating) Occasional weekends and nights shifts 22:00- 06:00.
Shift Pattern: Monday – Friday. Holiday Entitlement 28 days per year including Bank Holidays which are normal working days for Hotel Chocolat
Reports to: the relevant gap and Hotel Chocolat Senior Operator and Shift Manager for their appropriate shift/department.
Breaks: 30 minutes per shift – paid
Company Overview: the first hotel chocolat shop opened in North London in 2004, it was the start of a revolution in British chocolate. Two entrepreneurs Angus Thirlwell and Peter Harris, were on a mission to make chocolate exciting again. To date hotel chocolat have 93 shops as well as cafes and restaurants.
Job Purpose: To deliver packed items to plan in a timely fashion, within agreed quality parameters. Work safely as an individual and as part of the team.
Duties & Accountabilities:
· Arrive on time and be ready for the start of your shift
· Ensure compliance with all health and safety systems and champion a safe working culture
· Work to and in line with production control systems
· Ensure product is produced in line with quality parameters (Specifications)
· Ensure that good manufacturing practices are maintained at all times
· Ensure compliance with jewellery and workwear policies
· Ensure compliance with all health and safety systems
· Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all paperwork if required
· To be available as required for training and be open to change as required.
· Support and engage with a culture of continuous improvement
· Engage in a clean as you go approach to drive improved GMP
· Promote and reinforce the vision and culture of the HC brand and be an ambassador for its values
· Basic English Written and Spoken
· Basic Numeracy Skills ESOL level 2
· Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
· Manual Dexterity
· Health and Safety awareness
· Knowledge of basic food hygiene and qualifications
· Previous food factory experience desirable but not essential. Full training provided.
· Be enthusiastic and conscientious, with the ability to learn and work as part of a team
· Demonstrate good inter-personal, communication and briefing skills, which are essential to the performance of the role.
· Ensuring quality and hygiene standards are adhered to at all times
· Be comfortable wearing personal protective equipment, and follow instructions from the management team
· You must be prepared to work with a range of employees from different countries and cultures
· Have the ability to work reasonable additional hours as requested
· Hotel Chocolat pride themselves on training, developing and recruiting from within. So there are plenty of opportunities for progression for those that apply themselves.