Job location: St, Neots, Cambridge PE19 8JJ
Environment: Packing and Warehouse facility
Environment Temperature: 12-14 degrees
Contract Type: temporary on going, possible permanent contract opportunities
Business Area: Warehouse Packing Facilities
Basic Salary £8.21 p/h, 40 hours per week
Hours of work: 06:00 – 14:00 and 14:00 – 22.00 (weekly rotating) Occasional weekends and nights shifts 22:00- 06:00.
Shift Pattern: Monday – Friday. Holiday Entitlement 28 days per year including Bank Holidays which are normal working days for Hotel Chocolat
Reports to: the relevant gap and Hotel Chocolat Senior Operator and Shift Manager for their appropriate shift/department.
Breaks: 30 minutes per shift – paid
Company Overview: the first hotel chocolat shop opened in North London in 2004, it was the start of a revolution in British chocolate. Two entrepreneurs Angus Thirlwell and Peter Harris, were on a mission to make chocolate exciting again. To date hotel chocolat have 93 shops as well as cafes and restaurants.
Job Purpose: To deliver packed items to plan in a timely fashion, within agreed quality parameters. Work safely as an individual and as part of the team.
Duties & Accountabilities:
· Arrive on time and be ready for the start of your shift
· Ensure compliance with all health and safety systems and champion a safe working culture
· Work to and in line with production control systems
· Ensure product is produced in line with quality parameters (Specifications)
· Ensure that good manufacturing practices are maintained at all times
· Ensure compliance with jewellery and workwear policies
· Ensure compliance with all health and safety systems
· Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all paperwork if required
· To be available as required for training and be open to change as required.
· Support and engage with a culture of continuous improvement
· Engage in a clean as you go approach to drive improved GMP
· Promote and reinforce the vision and culture of the HC brand and be an ambassador for its values
· Basic English Written and Spoken
· Basic Numeracy Skills ESOL level 2
· Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
· Manual Dexterity
· Health and Safety awareness
· Knowledge of basic food hygiene and qualifications
· Previous food factory experience desirable but not essential. Full training provided.
· Be enthusiastic and conscientious, with the ability to learn and work as part of a team
· Demonstrate good inter-personal, communication and briefing skills, which are essential to the performance of the role.
· Ensuring quality and hygiene standards are adhered to at all times
· Be comfortable wearing personal protective equipment, and follow instructions from the management team
· You must be prepared to work with a range of employees from different countries and cultures
· Have the ability to work reasonable additional hours as requested
· Hotel Chocolat pride themselves on training, developing and recruiting from within. So there are plenty of opportunities for progression for those that apply themselves.