|Salary:||£32,000 - £38,000|
Gap Professional are looking for a Configuration Engineer for our client, a Global Aerospace Engineering Services provider based in Derby but managing the delivery of programmes and projects for their Aerospace world leader based in Derby.
This Configuration Engineer role requires Engineering Product Configurations Skill and good knowledge of Engineering Part Bill of Material, their fitting locations, usage in the main product.
- Understand the design change by referring to Design Definition Reports, Pipe Routing, Scheme drawings and Design Assembly Part models.
- Implement the design change into the Configuration bill of material using itemising guide and incorporating the same Product data management and Definitions in customer tools
- Co-ordinate Configuration queries between Design and Configuration
- Update necessary customer trackers
- Co-ordinate, Monitor and Control the Change process within customer tools based on the Change Board decisions
- Ensure right Product Modification policy is implemented
- Ensure the MPL and BoM are updated with latest Design Change.
- Author Modification bulletins for applicable Design Change Definitions
- Verification and Validation of parts fitted into delivering product
- Relevant experience in Engineering Change Process with Configuration skills
- Experience in Product installation shop is an advantage
- Experience in Design Engineering with Change Package and Data management skills
- Create, update and maintain Engineering Product Bill of Material
- Top end and Bottom end verification of approved BoM and Fitted parts of delivering product
- An understanding of Engineering Change Process and applicable Design Change documents
- Ability to identify pre and post design modification of Assembly or Product from Design Change documents
- Ability to understand Engineering Drawing and PLM part models assembly
- An understanding of Assembly and sub-assembly parts relationship
- An understanding of Interchangeability, Spare parts and Alternative parts concepts
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain unrestricted SC clearance. Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage.
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.