|Salary:||£18,564 p/a (£9.52 p/h)|
|Reference:||Cook - Sunderland|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Haselgrove|
We are currently for an experienced and driven cook to join my clients residential support service in the Sunderland, Tyne and Wear area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing meals for the service users utilising fresh produce, planning of the menu as well as ordering stock in line with the catering budget set, always ensuring that the meals produced are healthy, balanced and nutritious and crafted with the service user’ likes in mind.
My client is a specialist care and support provider, with an excellent name in the industry who supports service users with autism and learning disabilities.
- Salary – £18,564 p/a (£9.52 p/h)
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position (37.5hrs per week)
- Shifts – Monday to Friday (10AM to 6PM)
- Area – Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
- Developing healthy and balanced meals in consultation with the service users and staff amending / improving recipes based on feedback.
- Being aware of the service users religious / cultural backgrounds and how these may impact on their dietary requirements.
- Have a knowledge of health and safety requirements within the kitchen environment and ensuring that they are always followed.
- Monitoring the stock within the kitchen and ensuring that orders are placed at appropriate times so that all required ingredients remain in stock.
- Ensuring high levels of hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen is maintained and kept to a high standard.
- Ensuring that the meals always cater to all of the service users’ dietary requirements and that there is always an option that they will enjoy.
- Adhering to strict food hygiene policies, ensuring that they are always followed and asserting that correct labels / food storage rules are followed.
- Following the allergen rules on preparation, storage, and delivery to ensure that no cross contamination takes place within the catering function.
- Excellent communication skills will be essential as you will be working in a fun yet challenging environment and working well with your team will be a requirement for success.
- Either hold 706/1 and 706/2 catering certificates (or equivalent) or be willing to complete these.
- A responsible and considerate attitude with a ‘can do’ mindset will be required.
- Due to the nature of the environment, you will be working in it is essential that you hold a clean DBS check.
- A strong knowledge of food storage best practices, as you will be responsible for ensuring that all food is kept in the appropriate storage means as well as with correct labelling / date codes.
- Strong interpersonal skills will be beneficial as you will need to maintain positive working relationships with members of your team as well as suppliers.
- Holding an in-date advanced food hygiene certificate would be beneficial.
- A competitive salary of £18,564 p/a (£9.52 p/h).
- Long term employment with a company that values its employees and will invest in your growth and development.
- Excellent overtime opportunities.
- Free DBS check at time of appointment.
- 6 weeks paid holiday increasing to 8 weeks.
- Company Pension Scheme/Life Assurance.
- Company sick pay scheme up to 3 months full pay.
- Intensive 3-week Induction with continuous training and development.
The position of Cook is an exciting position where you will be responsible for playing a key role in the busy kitchen of a care home in the Sunderland, Tyne and Wear area. If you feel you are right for the position and are happy to travel to Sunderland, Tyne and Wear or want any further details, please do not hesitate to contact Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.