Role: Credit Controller
Salary (inclusive of quarterly bonus): £24,500 plus excellent benefits
Location: Pulford, Chester
gap personnel are seeking to recruit an experienced Credit Controller to join our entrepreneurial & rapidly expanding Group. Reporting to the Senior Credit Manager, the successful candidate will be a key member of our Head Office finance team. Ideal applicants will have a proven record of working within a credit control environment, enjoy working within a people orientated business, and be seeking a new challenge as part of a business that is consistently looking to evolve and change to meet our customer and market’ requirements.
The role will be varied and challenging, and will include the following key responsibilities:
- Communication with clients, internal branches and staff by telephones, post and emails
- Proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors including chasing, confirming and securing payments of client invoices by bank transfer and cheque.
- To meet the monthly targets set in terms of cash collections, DSO and other reporting methods
- Importing, collating and distribution of client invoices, authorisations and statements
- Determine, verify and proactively maintain all client information held is up to date and accurate
- Timely identification and resolution of internal and external client queries, enquiries and requests
- Aged debt balances reduced in line with individual, team and departmental targets
- Remittance and cash allocation on computerised system and cash handling to bank
- Monitor clients to maintain credit limits and payment terms
- Processing of manual invoices and credit notes including self-bills
- To take appropriate action against late payers and provide the Senior Credit Manager with information on late payers and issues that may prevent trading
- Processing problematic accounts including account reconciliations, PO issues, payment plans and over trading
- Following escalation processes for late payers and unresolved client issues
- Help Credit Manager as required to increase cash collections and maintain/reduce DSO
This role will offer a great deal of autonomy and opportunities for personal and professional growth. The successful candidate will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- A self-motivator, who is willing to take on new and challenging tasks at short notice
- Good communication skills, an ability to converse with all levels
- Good IT skills with Microsoft Office an advantage
- Discretion and observance of confidentiality requirements
- Be a willing learner and ability to work in a team, or alone under the direction of the Senior Credit Manager
- Be energetic, enthusiastic, have good organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Must be numerically accurate, careful, thorough, organised, consistent and conscientious with an aptitude for attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to learn on the job, keen to undertake training and career development
- To be professional and always show commercial acumen
The successful applicant will be eligible for the following remuneration, you will receive:
- A highly competitive base salary
- Attractive quarterly bonus arrangements
- Private medical cover
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Option for remote working when necessary
Our business is heavily focussed on employee engagement with strong core values based around our i-CARE philosophy:
- Innovation – consistently looking to improve all aspects of our business and interactions.
- Consultative – ensuring we seek to find mutually agreeable solutions with all stakeholders.
- Accountable – promoting ownership, and an environment where we accept mistakes happen, but key learnings are taken from these to ensure continuous improvement.
- Real – straight talking honest discussions are central to both our internal and external communication.
- Ethical – ensuring we comply with all regulatory bodies in all of our process and procedures, and an unwavering commitment to act with empathy in our decisions and at all levels of the business.
gap personnel – key facts
gap personnel is one of the UK’s largest recruitment businesses, founded in 1997, it now has an annual turnover of £200m. Our core sectors are industrial blue collar, healthcare, technical and professional mid-management appointments. The business was acquired in 2017 by BeNext Group plc, headquartered in Japan and listed on the Nikkei (Code 2154).
The business is seeking to continue to grow in a sustainable and profitable manner, with an ambitious M&A strategy coupled with further investment planned across new sectors in addition to organic growth.