An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Customer Service Planner to join a well-established and growing contract packing and manufacturing business based in Nelson, Lancashire. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including additional service-related holidays, Death-in-Service scheme and contributory Company pension scheme.
Our client works with the UK’s leading FMCG brands; providing flexible contract packing and contract manufacturing services and outsourced support that is reliable, superior quality and very competitively priced.
The Customer Service Planner will report to the Customer Service Manager and will be responsible for managing packing plans for a designated group of clients to ensure that all resources are available to achieve component receipt and finished goods dispatch targets, managing stocks and ensuring that records are maintained on in-house and client CRM systems (Pack Manager and SAP).
The Customer Service Planner’s key objectives will include:
- Build and maintain clear lines of communication with planners and buyers within the customer’s organisation and with planners within transport companies and 3rd party component suppliers.
- Forward planning raw material stock availability, machine capacity and labour requirements to ensure fulfilment of packing and product movements to client deadlines.
- Confirming movements and managing stocks; ensuring that customer systems are maintained.
- Analyse and report excessive wastage or stocks variance.
- Controlling all pallet stocks including receipt and despatch of GKN blue and other hired pallets and receipt and disposal of non-returnable pallets.
- Liaising with the operations team to ensure adequate availability of resources to ensure that schedules are met on time, everytime.
- Ensuring that invoices are raised in a timely manner
- Producing internal reports on service performance for (and by) each client and their suppliers (packaging and haulage).
- Developing and improving the working rapport with client planners and logisticians and with their suppliers and hauliers.
The successful Customer Service Planner will have:
- Previous experience in planning and customer liaison; preferably with 2-5 years FMCG background.
- ICT qualifications (NVQ level 2 or equivalent).
- Understanding of the planning process and the resource management and KPIs within that.
- High focus on the achievement of balanced targets in the areas of planning and service delivery.
- Proven record of customer and supplier liaison and communication – both written and oral.
- Good communication skills and instant credibility are essential.
- Numerate and computer literate with hands-on experience with CRM and Legacy Systems (e.g. SAP) and competent with spreadsheets and databases.
- Self-motivation and a strive for opportunities for process improvement opportunities.
The hours of work are 37½, Monday to Friday.