|Reference:||Customer Services Manager|
Our clients based in Ormskirk is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of glass and glazing products for the Architectural, Automotive and Technical Glass sectors, they are looking for Customer Services Manager.
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced dynamic and highly motivated Customer Service Manager who is striving for a challenge within the Customer Service Team. The role will be based at the European Technical Centre, Lathom, and will report directly to the Head of Sales.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure a smooth and effective order management and supply chain process for customers and Export customer base by ensuring CSRs proactively process and communicate customer requirements in a cost-effective, timely manner so that any issues are brought to a speedy resolution whilst providing the highest possible service levels for customers.
- • Responsible for the management of the UK/I and export order book for Upstream supply (including non-stock order management in conjunction with Planning) including regular updates on lead time and availability to both internal (domestic & Export) external customers to ensure high level first time accuracy and professional communication on all order related matters. Close co-ordination with European Export team to ensure buying patterns, stock and logistics are correct and in line with plans.
- • Ensure that any Customer priority and order patterns are understood, monitored and any trends communicated back into the business including actions taken to maximise sales and service levels to customers via KPI targets identification of any opportunities to further exploit value added products or services.
- • Oversee the successful receipt, processing and resolution of all customer claims and complaints through the claims and complaints systems, including authorising credit for valid claims to ensure a smooth professional and appropriate communications on all complaint related matters.
- • To manage and be the business link for all transportation/logistics (~£10m pa. total spend) with our chosen haulier Nijman Zeetank, plus freight forwarders and shipping lines to ensure 3rd party performance is in line with SLAs.
- • To maintain, optimise and look for continuous improvement within the existing service provisions, structure and processes to deliver cost savings and/ an improved service offering/level for both the customer and business.
- • Oversee compliance with CIIMS, Quality Management systems and HM Revenue and Customs requirements to ensure compliance.
- • To lead, train, develop and motivate Customer Service team ensuring that all CSRs are fully conversant with individual customer needs, supply capability, export documentary requirements, SAP and associated systems so that departmental resources and skills are fully matched to the requirements of the customer and business to allow departmental and business objectives to be successfully achieved.
The role exists within AG UK Commercial which is responsible for managing the marketing and sale of glass to both internal and external customers. The role will help to support delivery of overall budget revenue sales for AGUK – Domestic (U/S & D/S) & Export & contribute to UK MOP pre-exceptionals (as set in FY21 budget) of Upstream £1.6m, Merchanting £2.2m, Processing £0.6m & Total AGUK £4.0M.
Experienced in regular and effective liaison with a wide range of contacts such as Commercial management, Upstream and Downstream sites, internal and external customers, Operational, Manufacturing and Planning teams and Technical/R&D Production across the UK and Europe.
Responsible for ensuring continuity of supply within a £100M Upstream business UK/I and export delivering over 200,000T of product annually. Responsibility for a Team of 6 UK customer service representatives and the effective management of £10 million transport spend. Requirement to successfully oversee the outbound supply to UK, Ireland, intra-group and Export markets from the UK.
The following competencies will be critical to success:
- • Results – Passion for Excellence - Shows resilience by consistently displaying a positive outlook and responding resourcefully when faced with new challenges and demands.
- • Innovation and Change - Inspires and generates innovative ideas and solutions to enhance business results.
- • Vision - Customer Focused - Ensures that the customer perspective is the driving force behind business decisions and activities.
- • People - Empowers & Develops - Empowers work teams to take ownership in achieving business objectives and delegates work to the appropriate level
North West – Lathom, nr Ormskirk, Lancs
Salary and Benefits
- • Salary – up to £42K (depending on skills and experience)
- • Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm.
- • Opportunity to work from home for 2-3 days per week.
- • 25 days holiday per annum plus declared public holidays.
- • Holiday Purchase Scheme – up to five additional days’ annual leave
- • Cycle to Work
- • Bonus Scheme – pays up to 20% of basic salary and based on business targets and not guaranteed
- • Car subsidy allowance
- • Private health care
- • Defined contribution pension with Aviva
- • Free car park
- • Staff restaurant