Back to job search
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently looking for a Data Entry Clerk to join a busy team in a well-established client based in Newport.
Our client is busy warehouse. The successful candidate will work in a busy office as an Data Entry Clerk.
This role requires a high level of attention, accuracy and ideally have previous working history in an office environment. The role will involve general admin tasks for the warehouse and distribution function and to support other administration across the site when required.
Contract: This is a temporary on-going position which could lead to permanent for the right candidates.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £10.50 per hour.
Shifts: Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
Maintains Departmental records: -
• Comply with all stock control procedures ensuring all movements, shortages, and losses are system logged real time; investigate any stock issues.
• Assist in the effective use of all available resources
• Manage and monitor collection times and delivery paperwork
• Escalate all faults and system processing errors to the inventory managers
• Answering calls & Email communications
• Prepare daily and weekly reports
• Assist in on-going training of new staff
• Problem solving
• Provide general assistance to support other departments eg customs, finance, operations, transport.
• Comply with all relevant internal and external standards
• Comply with all Health & Safety requirements, reporting all incidents.
• Managing and routing office communications, letters, and documents
• Updating and Preserving office records
• Gathering information
• Organising diaries
• Managing electronic and printed files
• Managing Purchase order records, placing of orders, entering requisitions on to system, receipt and closing of orders
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
• Information technology: MS Office Software, Oracle system
• Good organisational, Communication and Customer service skills
• Office relations: Ability to work in teams,
• Ability to follow instructions, use own Initiative, Creativity and Flexibility
• Manage workload and prioritise tasks
• Applicant must be efficient, accurate and can pay attention to detail.
• Experience in a similar role
To apply, please submit your CV or alternatively please call gap personnel on: 01443 843499.
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing date for application is the 13th May 2022.