Our client based in the Aberdare area are currently recruiting a Despatch Administrator to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Despatch Controller this position is responsible for providing a proactive administration and support service to the Logistics and Commercial Departments, working as part of a small Despatch Administration team.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday – Friday / 8am-4pm
- £18,269 rising to £20,632 following a period of training
- Daily creation of workload for UK wholesale customer base
- DIY and Export delivery processing
- DIY delivery booking and updating of Customer portals
- Liaising with Transport provider and internal departments (Planning and Sales
- Contacting customers to book in deliveries
- Stock adjustments
- Re-allocation of Stock to cutting – re-pegging Armoured cuts
- Flexibility to cover different shift patterns at short notice
- Drivers and Onsite haulier paperwork
- Collating daily stats for department
- Decision making
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Well organised
- Able to work well under pressure to meet demanding targets.
- A good level of general education with high levels of numeracy and literacy
- Previous experience using Microsoft office software
- Ideally with a working knowledge of SAP
- Previous experience liaising with Customers and strong telephone skills would be an advantage.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.