About us: gap personnel (operating as an employment business) have exciting opportunity for a Dispatch Operative to join a well-established manufacturing company who specialise in aluminium products. Our client is seeking new talent to join their team. The environment is busy and fast paced.
Main Purpose of Role:
To ensure all orders are loaded and dispatched correctly, OTIF and the corresponding paperwork is checked and completed accurately.
Contract Type: Permanent
Business Area: Manufacturing
Salary: Up to £11 per hour
Shifts: 6am-2pm/2pm-10pm Rotating Shifts
Start date: Immediate
- Load product in a prompt manner, communicating relevant information to the Dispatch Team leader.
- Liaise with Dispatch Team Leader to organise workload and priorities
- Liaise with Production Team Leaders to resolve any issues that may arise in relation to unsatisfactory product
- Load vehicles as required, ensuring “zero” loading / delivery damage
- Preparation of all finished goods in conjunction with the companies packaging procedures. Ensuring stock levels are above minimum quantities.
- Communicate with haulers in relation to deliveries
- Ensure load photos are taken of all products leaving site.
- Ensure smooth running of deliveries, collection, customer returns, customer collections, adhering to all relevant procedures flagging issues to the Dispatch Team leader
- Make recommendations to improve on performance / procedures.
- Yard management is key. Allocating finished goods in their correct location and updating the system accurately in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the yard is always clear of debris.
- Any other reasonable tasks assigned by your manager or TL
Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding of Dispatch processes
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment (desirable)
- Communication skills
- Prioritisation skills
- Experience of using computer systems, emails, logging paperwork, SAP knowledge desirable
- RTITB Forklift licence
- Combilift license
About You: We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with good team working skills and a ‘can do’ attitude. You will be able to follow instructions effectively and work on your own initiative with good communication skills.
To apply for the role please send an up-to-date CV.
All applicants CVs will be screened. Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing date for applicants: 29th January 2022.