Draughtsperson & Trainee Draughtsperson
Are you an experienced Draughtsperson? Or are you a recent Graduate with Knowledge of Auto Cad 2019, 3D design (Inventor)? Are you up for the challenge of playing a major role in helping with the continued success?
Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of our client who are a well-established Engineering Company based in Stoke on Trent offering design manufacture and installation of material handling. They currently have a new and exciting permanent opportunity.
- Interpret customer requirements to produce general arrangement drawings.
- Liaise with customer when required (clarification of design requirements and approval of designs).
- Produce accurately detailed fabrication drawings.
- Liaise with manufacturing department during production phase of project.
- Liaise with installation team during installation phase of project.
- Liaise with sub-contractors if design work needs to be outsourced.
- Understand manufacturing technologies, processes and installation procedures.
- Creation of BOM’s of 2D & 3D drawings for manufacture.
- General drawing office administrative duties as and when required.
- Maintaining design office procedures and records.
- Willing to carry out Site surveys as and when required.
- Read and understand engineering drawings.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an engineering environment.
- Be able to work using own initiative.
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications particularly word, excel and outlook.
- Candidate must be Proficient in AutoCAD 2019, 3D design experience or experience using Autodesk Advance Steel or similar software would be beneficial.
- The candidate will be ideally qualified to HND/HNC level with experience of designing heavy steel fabrications and material handling equipment.
- Experience using Navisworks would be beneficial.
- A good working knowledge of fabrication/welding and general manufacturing techniques is essential.
- A full U.K. driving license required.
- Quarry experience would be an advantage
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for, please don’t delay apply today.
Closing date is 12th March 2020.
gap professional is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future