|Salary:||Up to £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ben Usher|
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for an Engineer available to difference levels of experience, ranging from Engineer up to Principal Engineer to work at their facility based near Rochester
- Creation of 2D Harness drawings
- Creation of Electrical circuit diagrams
- Support / create the 3D installation solution of legacy 2D designs
- Creation of change management paperwork, to release new design into production ordering systems.
- Ensure design for manufacture is considered, both relating to build of the Harness and associated machine/vehicle installation
- Sound record keeping techniques, of all designs, revisions, and related analysis i.e., Fuse blow, voltdrop, conductor sizing.
- Hands-on investigations into design improvements & fault-finding
- Prototype harness modification, or build
- Drive re-use of components and approaches.
- A desire to understand how things work, and how they can be improved
- An understanding how wiring systems are built, tested, and installed
- Knowledge of data carrying wiring systems i.e., CAN, twisted pairs, Ethernet
- Experience with Harness design tools - circuit design and 2D routing. 3D routing experience would also be advantageous.
- Willing to be involved in fault finding, diagnosis and build/installation support
- Circuit simulation regarding fuse blow, conductor sizing, voltdrop analysis
- Knowledge of different EDS suppliers, ranging from terminals, connectors through to EDS connected components i.e., Worklights, switchgear, HV motors.
- Willingness to get involved with warranty investigations
- Awareness of various quality assurance analysis methods - FMEA, 8D, Risk Assessments
- Understanding the effects of dust, water, vibration, heat plus other associated environmental risks to the electrical system, and how to design protection in.
- Confident to use 2D and 3D EDS design/modelling software
- Sound base knowledge of electrical theory
- Confident to liaise with various component suppliers
- Validation and verification activities
- Experience taking EDS systems from concept through to delivery.
- Sound IT skills
Desired at Senior Engineer Level
- 5 years' experience either in Tier 1 Harness manufacture or OE electrical design (on highway or off highway)
- Qualified to HND/degree level in a relevant technology discipline or equivalent experience.
- Project delivery experience and support.
- Willing to help co-ordinate the teams' activities
- Understanding of and adherence to quality systems and processes.
- Experience of electrical safety rulesets and installation requirements - ISO62061 & BS7671
- Experience of Electrical installation testing techniques for Hazardous Voltage systems - C&G 2391.
Desired for Engineer Level
- 3 years' experience either in Tier 1 Harness manufacture or OE electrical design (on highway or off highway)
Desired for Principal Engineer Level
- 7 years' experience either in Tier 1 Harness manufacture or OE electrical design (on highway or off highway)
- Qualified to BEng/MEng level in a relevant technology discipline or equivalent experience.
Please send your CV and call Ben at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 09/07/2022