Gap personnel who are operating as an employment business are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for ELV (End of Live Vehicle) Site Operative position based in Bootle.
The position is permanent with a salary £10.50 ph, 45 hours per week with possible work on Saturdays.
The successful candidates will be:
Responsible for handling and processing End of Life vehicles safely and compliantly whilst providing excellent customer service and managing stocks efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities
· ELV operatives will need to be fully trained in all aspects of ELV operations including FLT licence, small tools and vehicle depollution.
· The ELV operative will greet customers at the ELV drop off areas and inspect the vehicles.
· Inspection of vehicles to assess if they need de-polluting and will check to confirm if the vehicle is complete to inform pricing.
· Perform out turns on each vehicle confirming what has been removed using the mobile device provided.
· Store all commodities removed from vehicles in the correct manner including:
o Batteries in battery boxes
o Wheels stacked on pallets and shrink wrapped once a full pallet completed
o Cats with barcode stickers added and placed in secure storage.
· Weigh out batteries, wheels and Cats on a regular basis as sales are despatched.
· Achieve daily targets on the number of vehicles per day to be depolluted.
· Carry out accurate valuations of catalytic converters with training to be provided.
· Maintain good housekeeping standards so that the ELV building and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy.
· Play an active part in depot safety performance through being a safety leader on-site.
· Identify, report and deal with hazards. Challenge unsafe behaviours and ensure compliance with all EMR SOP’s.
· Previous experience of a vehicle depollution/metal recycling activities is preferable but not essential
· FLT experience preferable
· Ability to use a hand held portable tablet for recording information
· Previous car mechanic experience beneficial
· The ability to demonstrate excellent team working relationships, fostering an environment based on trust and mutual respect.
· Capable of assessing information
· Experience of working in a fluid environment where priorities can change and flexibility is essential.
· Approachable and helpful in a customer facing role
· Physically fit and able to work to the demands of the business.
· Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Comfortable with technology
· High degree of independence
· Team player
· Highly motivated
· High standards and attention to detail
· Clean CRB and credit check
· Good time keeping.
To apply for this role please email email@example.com or call our Liverpool office at 0151 236 9231
Gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement