Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, a reputable based company who are looking for an Fabrication Manager.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 0800 – 1715, Friday 0800-1300
Salary: up to £30,000
Driving is a must for this role
To manage the company’s fabrication workshops; this includes all aspects of work flow, forecasting/planning, staff direction, organisation and workshop facilities management. To ensure all staff are familiar with the company’s policies and procedures including Health & Safety.
- Work with production planning and the operations manager to ensure all work requirements are understood, planned and correctly allocated.
- Ensure the scope and timing of assigned tasks and projects are understood, completed as per requirements and in accordance with relevant working procedures and processes.
- Work with the workshop leads to ensure the facilities both inside and outside are maintained safe, clean and tidy.
- Ensure all staff are working in a safe environment and correct PPE is made readily available, issued and used correctly.
- Carry out risk assessments in conjunction with the Operations Manager as required.
- Ensure all workshops, tools, and industrials equipment is kept serviceable, accounted for and customer equipment protected.
- Ensure all workshop staff are either trained or competent for their assigned tasks and records of training and skills levels maintained.
- Be quality driven and ensure all relevant documentations is completed for the assigned tasks and records of training and skills levels maintained.
- Be quality driven and ensure all relevant documentation is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that the available workshop skills are appropriate and adequate, making recommendations for approval by the general manager before implementing changes or requesting further training.
- Provide management information/KPI’s as request by the general manager.
- Liaise with project managers and customers to understand individual customer requirements and ensure items are manufactured within budget, schedule and to the specified quality standard.
- Ensure all company health & safety and environmental policies are standards are adhered to always.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent literacy & numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Good managerial, operations and organisational skills
- Negotiating skills
- Extensive knowledge of relevant engineering practises including precision measuring and machining equipment.
- Well presented with a positive, proactive and professional approach
- Excellent recording / documentation skills
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing including 5s would be desirable
Closing date is 12th December 2019
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future