|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£39000 - £42000 per annum|
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this Market Leading manufacturing business in their search for a Facilities Engineer to work at their facility based near Manchester
- Ensure all plant services (steam, air, water, drains, process gases, electricity) are fully maintained in optimum condition and will run efficiently to ensure company production requirements are me.
- Ensure plant services and equipment are tested and checked in compliance with legislation e.g fixed electrical inspection, portable appliance testing, lifting regs, lightning protection testing, chimney inspection, legionella control, pressure systems regs, fire regs, COSSH (extraction and ventilation), asbestos control.
- Ensure schematics for all the services are up to date and readily available.
- Plan and control all overhauls and repair work of plant and services with due regard to operational requirements.
- Make recommendations for the departmental budget and subsequently control expenditure within the agreed parameters.
- Develop and carry out weekly plant checks to ensure any issues are tackled before they impact on the site performance.
- Perform daily/weekly tests as required by HSE legislation e.g boiler blow downs, sprinkler tests, emergency lighting.
- Manage the activities of the building contractors on site.
- Suggest/implement waste and cost reduction programs related to the plant maintenance and budget spend.
- Design and implement a rolling program of structured health, safety and welfare audits and testing around site including audiometry and lighting.
- Ensure all systems relating to the security of site eg intruder alarm, CCTV, external lighting, perimeter fencing, external security signalling are maintain in optimum condition.
- Ensure all critical process equipment is calibrated according to the ISO schedule.
- Experienced Facilities Engineer with proven track record in industry ideally manufacturing.
- Apprentice Trained G&G / NVQ 3 Electrical Engineering
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations / PAT Testing
- Be able to carry out initial problem analysis and then decide the appropriate course of action.
- Maintain service records to satisfy audits and legislation
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 26/06/2022
This job has expired! Click here to browse other live jobs in your area
- Mechanical Engineer
£30.00 - £31.00 per hour
- Project Engineer
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £350 per day + Outside IR35
- EDS Engineer
Up to £50000 per annum
- Senior Project Engineer
£40000 - £60000 per annum
- Maintenance Engineer - Contract
Market Drayton, Shropshire
Up to £35 per hour