2 x Factory Operatives required – Shepton Mallet
gap personnel are currently looking to recruit 2 factory operatives for a reputable and globally recognised brand based in Shepton Mallet. Full training will be provided for this role, alongside additional company inductions to ensure you are able to complete your duties competently at all times.
The role will consist of working in the factory finishing department where you will be responsible for:
- Set up and operate production machinery according to the company’s work instructions/standard operating procedures
- Look through production orders to determine type and quantity of materials/tools needed for each production batch
- Measure materials and feed them into production machinery
- Monitor processes to ensure that they are run properly, and make sure that quality control and quality assurance tests are performed
- Inspect finished products to check if they conform to quality standards and isolate any non-conforming or damaged items
- Communicate problems with machinery, raw materials and products to the Team Leader
- Maintain required documentation
- Store goods and raw materials in storage areas in a manner conducive to preserving their safety and quality
- Load and unload goods to and from delivery vehicles
- Prepare pallets for packaging purposes and ensure that items are properly and safely packed into them
The pay rate for the role is: Monday to Friday - £9.00 per hour
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.