|Contact Name:||Wolverhampton Branch|
Gap Personnel, operating as an employment business, are currently looking to recruit a FEL Driver / Mobile Plant Driver for one of the world’s largest metal recycling companies based in Oldbury.
Working as a key member of the operations team, the post holder will be able to operate all the Mobile Plant by company current procedures, in all transfer halls, main plant areas and outside areas inclusive of the periphery of the building.
The post holder will continually achieve optimum efficiency and throughput of feed to the plant.
Maximise loads of vehicles picking up material from Oldbury site and ensuring the load safe.
Ensuring drivers coming on site act to the correct Health and Safety rules as set for the site.
Ensuring Compliance in regards to quality standards, by rotating and storage of material to prevent cross contamination.
The post holder will also train new team members, using current Safe working procedures and work instructions, they will also contribute in the development of said procedures.
Maintain vehicles in line with set TMP schedules and tasks. Complete daily checklists against the vehicles to ensure they are safe and able to perform their tasks without risk, and to communicate any issues raised, by way of the checklist or directly to Supervisors or Management dependant on their severity or need.
- To take responsibility for their own and others safety through safe working practices
- To participate positively in continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping and plant hygiene
- Authorised to stop mobile plant vehicles in circumstances where safety is at risk or the damage to the vehicle is at risk
- To train new employees to share knowledge of the job and vehicle type
- Monitor mobile plant and Vehicle performance
- Monitor product quality and store correctly until used, escalate findings to Supervisor if required
- Keep administration records up to date for submission to the quality department for data inputting and analysis
- Maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance
- To operate mobile plant and machinery in compliance with Standard Operating procedures
- To work in a safe and appropriate manner conforming to company Health and Safety policy
- Report any issues to the Shift Supervisor or Manager
- Monitor Mobile Plant issues and defects and report back by way of daily checklist or verbally if indeed
- To ensure effective handover of area between shifts
- To constructively participate in toolbox talks
- Contribute to your own development by way of attending and completing certification of competency of all Mobile plant available on site such as 360 grabber, fire engine etc. This will prove your flexibility and value to the business
- Previous experience of factory work physically demanding environment
- Previous experience of operating mobile plant and machinery
- Able to read and interpret internal documentation regarding loads entering and leaving site
- Mechanically minded
- Experience of having actively participated in teams briefings or involvement in continuous
- Able to work flexibly across shift patterns
- The list is my no means exhaustive, and the job holder should be aware that they will be expected to comply with and “Reasonable Request” when asked.
- Takes personal responsibility
- Strong work ethic
- Use their initiative
- Constantly striving to achieve high standards
- Able to take instructions
- Willing to try new things and ways of working
- Learn from their mistakes
- Loyal to the business and each other
- Happy to help their colleagues
If this role is of your interest, please click Apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org