|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Salary:||£70,000 - £75,000|
Are you a highly skilled and experienced Financial Controller who is seeking a new and exciting opportunity within a global business? Are you driven and passionate about the finance sector and enjoy working with UK & US finance to ensure all cash flow requirements and strategic goals are met?
The successful candidate will be responsible for the accounting operations of the Welwyn Garden City site. The purpose of this role is to manage the day to day activities of the accounting functions to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. Enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results and ensure that reported results are produced on time.
It is crucial that you understand the expectations to hit targets and meet deadlines will be high and therefore additional hours will be required especially at month end. The ideal candidate will be someone that is not afraid of a challenge, proactive and has a proven track record and likely to already be working at a Senior Level.
- Manage financial and legal compliance, working with external advisors and internal colleagues.
- Provide commercial finance support to the EFC and other key stakeholders
- Using the financial control framework, ensure compliance in accordance with the Parent Company's policies and procedures
- Manage the preparation and submission of financial statements to the US parent.
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances
- Manage a small finance staff based in WGC
- Acting as the main point of contact for the external auditors and any other stakeholders ensuring to provide all financial information as required
- Working with other Financial Controllers across Europe to standardise procedures and other projects such as cost reduction.
- Manage a range of administrative and compliance issues for the business including insurance, banking relationships, payroll (using external service provider) etc.
- Ensure SOX compliance, continually reducing failures with a zero-failure target.
- Manage the preparation and review of standard costing in compliance with US GAAP.
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of company taxes i.e. VAT, Corporation Tax, Duty.
- Recommend improvements that will support operational efficiencies and working practices
- Carry out any additional reasonable requests made by the business within the individual’s capabilities and possessing the necessary experience and training.
Technical skills / Educational background / Relevant experience required:
- Five years post qualified experience in mixture of compliance, reporting and operational finance roles.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing background and ability to deliver costs savings.
- Knowledge of US GAAP reporting, particularly for a listed business.
- Technically capable including understanding of FX, LME and energy hedging.
- Understanding of DCF and NPV calculations to support capital projects.
- An excellent understanding of month-end/year end close processes including preparing financial reporting packs.
- Ensure a robust control environment is maintained and manage external/internal audits.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- To have strong management skills and develop internal talent.
- Fully qualified accountant.
- Reporting directly to Plant Manager
- 2 direct reports, total team includes 4 members
- 7% annual incentive compensation
- 5% performance pay
- Pension 4% EE - 5% ER
- Family medical insurance cover
- Death in service cover
- Gym membership contributions
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for apply today!
Closing date: 20th December 2019