Our client based in the Holyhead area are seeking to immediately recruit a Financial Controller whose focus will be on cash management and preparing monthly management accounts. The job requires frequent face to face dealings with a diverse audience inside and outside the group, to provide or obtain information. There is a need to express oneself clearly, courteously and have the ability to influence others in matters relating to legislation and guidance. You will be able to work independently within a team environment and be able to mentor employees. When representing our client on external affairs, matters or stakeholder activity it is essential that the jobholder can stay focused and remain professional always to ensure that the positive reputation of the group within the local community and with external stakeholders is maintained and enhanced, this is achieved by continually developing and maintaining collaborative relationship both internally and externally.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Competitive Salary
- Monday – Friday / General Office Hours
- Role will initially start off on a fixed-term basis for 3 months but does have the potential to become permanent for the right candidate.
- Prepare 13-week rolling cash flow forecast (Opex/Capex/Multi-entity).
- Prepare month end treasury report (Actual v. Budget & Actual v. Forecast).
- Prepare monthly management accounts (Entity and combined).
- Extensive reporting to BoD – highlighting variances to plan & key sensitivities.
- Continuous improvement of Sage 50 accounting software installation and related business processes.
- Development of new ERP installation and related business processes.
- Document procedures and processes.
- Development of new Financial Shared Services Organisation.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts.
- An excellent communicator, influencing and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Good analytical and logical skills.
- Excellent level of IT Literacy (Microsoft packages - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and presentational skills.
- Resilient and comfortable in rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills and an ability to work to deadlines.
- Imperative that the job holder has cash management and management reporting accounts experience.
- UK Driving licence.
- 3 years + post qualification experience.
- 3 years + financial controller experience in industrial/manufacturing environment, £20-£250m turnover, preparing management accounts, statutory accounts, cash flow forecasting.
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
- Degree in accounting or AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting.
- Chartered Accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Additional experience within a manufacturing industry would be advantageous.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.